Nitish Kumar to deliver annual NCM lecture
New Delhi: Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar will deliver the annual lecture of the national minority panel here on Friday.
The topic of his speech at the National Commission for Minorities (NCM) lecture will be "The Idea of India".
Kumar will become the first Chief Minister to deliver the lecture, the sixth in the annual series, at the Auditorium of Nehru Memorial Museum and Library at Teen Murti Bhawan, an official release said.
The function will be presided over by Minority Affairs Minister K Rahman Khan. The first NCM lecture was delivered by Justice A M Ahmadi, former Chief Justice of India in 2008 and Justice Rajender Sachar the lecture in 2009.
The subsequent lectures were delivered by former President A P J Abdul Kalam, Tibetan spiritual leader the Dalai Lama and Congress leader Shashi Tharoor.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Watch: Reports on final deal of M-777 tanks between India and America
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video
- Gujarat man who disclosed Rs 14,000 crore unaccounted wealth goes missing
- Rahul Dravid heaps praise on Virat Kohli, R Ashwin; calls duo modern cricket legends