Nitish Kumar unfazed by allegations of involvement in fodder scam
Patna: Dismissing allegations of his involvement in the fodder scam, Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar on Monday said he has been hearing such "unsubstantiated" statements for years and there is nothing new in it.
"I have been hearing such unsubstantiated talks for years," Kumar told reporters when asked about RJD leader Rabri Devi and former deputy chief minister Sushil Kumar Modi`s allegations of his involvement in the fodder scam, in which RJD chief Lalu Prasad been been convicted for five years.
A PIL filed by social activist Mithilesh Singh in Jharkhand High Court has urged the court to make Kumar and JD(U) leader Shivanand Tiwari as accused in Animal Husbandry Department (AHD) scam as they were allegedly been paid money.
The single bench of Justice R R Prasad on September 20 has asked the CBI to explain why Kumar and Tiwari should not be arraigned as accused in the scam and had fixed November 22 to hear the case.
They tried to include my name out of political consideration during cross-examination of witnesses but nothing came out, the chief minister said.
"Such things have come more than hundred times and I have been hearing them patiently... There is nothing new in this," Kumar said.
Replying to a query regarding special category status demand after submission of report by Raghuram Rajan committee report, Kumar said "I am planning to write a letter to Union Finance minister P Chidambaram tomorrow asking him to operationalise the Raghuram Rajan committee report which has put Bihar in the category of least developed states."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, 'sex sites' planted as following
- DNA: Analysis of decision to name Aurangzeb Road after Dr. Abdul Kalam - Part III
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- Radhe Maa approached to be a part of Bigg Boss 9?
- What was Indrani Mukherjea's original plan to murder Sheena Bora?
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Leaked! Tentative list of 'Bigg Boss 9' revealed and guess who's hosting?
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, sex sites planted as 'following'
- PM Modi releases digital version of Ramcharitmanas musical