Nitish Kumar unfazed by allegations of involvement in fodder scam
Patna: Dismissing allegations of his involvement in the fodder scam, Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar on Monday said he has been hearing such "unsubstantiated" statements for years and there is nothing new in it.
"I have been hearing such unsubstantiated talks for years," Kumar told reporters when asked about RJD leader Rabri Devi and former deputy chief minister Sushil Kumar Modi`s allegations of his involvement in the fodder scam, in which RJD chief Lalu Prasad been been convicted for five years.
A PIL filed by social activist Mithilesh Singh in Jharkhand High Court has urged the court to make Kumar and JD(U) leader Shivanand Tiwari as accused in Animal Husbandry Department (AHD) scam as they were allegedly been paid money.
The single bench of Justice R R Prasad on September 20 has asked the CBI to explain why Kumar and Tiwari should not be arraigned as accused in the scam and had fixed November 22 to hear the case.
They tried to include my name out of political consideration during cross-examination of witnesses but nothing came out, the chief minister said.
"Such things have come more than hundred times and I have been hearing them patiently... There is nothing new in this," Kumar said.
Replying to a query regarding special category status demand after submission of report by Raghuram Rajan committee report, Kumar said "I am planning to write a letter to Union Finance minister P Chidambaram tomorrow asking him to operationalise the Raghuram Rajan committee report which has put Bihar in the category of least developed states."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan - Part II
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- 800 tourists stranded in Andamans due to heavy rains, Navy launches rescue operation
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead
- Gali Janardhana Reddy converted Rs 100 crore black money by paying 20% commission, claims driver's suicide note
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof