Nitish Kumar visits JD(U) MLA who was beaten up
Patna: Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar
on Saturday visited the PMCH to inquire about JD(U) MLA Bima Bharti
being treated for injuries after she was beaten up by her
husband Awadesh Mandal earlier this week.
Kumar met the MLA at the Cottage ward and directed
doctors to look after the medical needs of his party MLA.
The JD(U) MLA was beaten up by her husband at Bhitha
village under Bhawanipur police station in Bihar`s Purnia
district on Tuesday.
Bharti had lodged a case against her husband charging
him with assaulting her.
Mandal was later arrested.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ganga river crosses danger mark in UP, Bihar and West Bengal
- NDMC issues notices to President's Estate for mosquito breeding
- DNA: Analysis of how Indian women's success in Olympics changed mindset of our society
- DNA: Analysis of how Indian women's success in Olympics changed mindset of our society- Part II
- DNA: Analysis of loss caused by floods in India
- PHOTO (Inside): Not for the faint-hearted! Saina Nehwal shares image of her knee's broken bone
- 'Domestic airfares to decline at lower rate in Q2'
- US, Ukraine to conduct observation flights over Russia
- 25-year-old woman gang-raped, two arrested
- How to dress like a star within your budget! Get tips right away