Nitish Kumar welcomes Lalu`s support to JD(U) candidates in RS polls
Zee Media Bureau/Tarun Khanna
Patna: Soon after Rashtriya Janata Dal supremo Lalu Prasad Yadav announced his support to Janata Dal United candidates in Rajya Sabha elections in Bihar, Nitish Kumar on Wednesday welcomed the former`s decision and also thanked him.
The former chief minister of Bihar, Nitish Kumar, said that he welcomes the support extended by the RJD chief. Besides this, he also thanked CPI.
“I welcome the decision taken by Lalu ji to support JDU candidates in Rajya Sabha polls in the state. I also thank CPI for their support as well,” said Nitish.
Lalu had earlier in the day said that he will support JD(U) nominees in order to defeat communal forces. He further said that both the parties must forget the past and move ahead.
Nitish Kumar had earlier spoken to Lalu, requesting him to commit the support of 21 RJD MLAs to the JD(U) nominees.
JD(U) chief Sharad Yadav has already been elected unopposed for a third RS seat for which by election was scheduled to be held on June 19.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video
- Aamir Khan as Mahavir Singh Phogat in 'Dangal' title track looks phenomenal!