Nitish Kumar welcomes Lalu`s support to JD(U) candidates in RS polls
Zee Media Bureau/Tarun Khanna
Patna: Soon after Rashtriya Janata Dal supremo Lalu Prasad Yadav announced his support to Janata Dal United candidates in Rajya Sabha elections in Bihar, Nitish Kumar on Wednesday welcomed the former`s decision and also thanked him.
The former chief minister of Bihar, Nitish Kumar, said that he welcomes the support extended by the RJD chief. Besides this, he also thanked CPI.
“I welcome the decision taken by Lalu ji to support JDU candidates in Rajya Sabha polls in the state. I also thank CPI for their support as well,” said Nitish.
Lalu had earlier in the day said that he will support JD(U) nominees in order to defeat communal forces. He further said that both the parties must forget the past and move ahead.
Nitish Kumar had earlier spoken to Lalu, requesting him to commit the support of 21 RJD MLAs to the JD(U) nominees.
JD(U) chief Sharad Yadav has already been elected unopposed for a third RS seat for which by election was scheduled to be held on June 19.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BJP likely to form next govt in Bihar: Mulayam Singh
- Haryana minister Krishan Bedi mocks Modi's 'Swachh Bharat Abhiyan'
- Shiv Sena spills ink on ORF chairperson Sudheendra Kulkarni's face
- Bihar Polls: Lalu Yadav's controversial tweet against Karpoori Thakur and PM Modi
- Hafiz Saeed teaching terrorism to children in Pakistan
- ISL 2015: Atletico de Kolkata vs Kerala Blasters - Preview
- Aarushi Talwar's grandfather breaks silence, writes open letter – Read
- 2015 Bihar Assembly Elections: 57% voting in first phase, women voters outnumber men
- Bigg Boss double trouble: Four lovebirds, one former couple inside the house
- Five ways to get pregnant fast!