Nitish Kumar welcomes Lalu`s support to JD(U) candidates in RS polls
Zee Media Bureau/Tarun Khanna
Patna: Soon after Rashtriya Janata Dal supremo Lalu Prasad Yadav announced his support to Janata Dal United candidates in Rajya Sabha elections in Bihar, Nitish Kumar on Wednesday welcomed the former`s decision and also thanked him.
The former chief minister of Bihar, Nitish Kumar, said that he welcomes the support extended by the RJD chief. Besides this, he also thanked CPI.
“I welcome the decision taken by Lalu ji to support JDU candidates in Rajya Sabha polls in the state. I also thank CPI for their support as well,” said Nitish.
Lalu had earlier in the day said that he will support JD(U) nominees in order to defeat communal forces. He further said that both the parties must forget the past and move ahead.
Nitish Kumar had earlier spoken to Lalu, requesting him to commit the support of 21 RJD MLAs to the JD(U) nominees.
JD(U) chief Sharad Yadav has already been elected unopposed for a third RS seat for which by election was scheduled to be held on June 19.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?
- Muslim leader Asaduddin Owaisi says Aamir Khan wrong in wanting to leave India
- Salman Khan rules 2015 Bollywood Box Office – here’s why