Nitish Kumar`s dig at Katju
Patna: Without naming Press Council of India Chairman Markandey Katju who had criticised Bihar Chief Minister yesterday, Nitish Kumar today said some people were moving in the state like the `Ramayana`s character `Kalnemi` to turn a vibrant atmosphere of the state into gloom.
"Bihar is witnessing rapid growth after change of environment conducive to progress...But some people are moving around the state like the epic Ramayana`s character Kalnemi to transform an environment of enthuasism prevailing in the state into gloom," Kumar said.
"They appear from nowhere all of a sudden and return after giving sermon," he said.
Referring to the `Ramayana`, Kumar said `Kalnemi` had tried to confuse Lord Hanuman while he was on way to bring `Sanjeevani` to save the life of Ram`s brother Lakshman.
When a mediaperson sought a pointed reaction from him on Katju`s comment, the Chief Minister said "he is a big personality what can I say about him."
Katju had yesterday claimed that Bihar chief minister had lost the goodwill of people as indicated by public protests against him during his recent `Adhikar yatra` and said he was "scared" of facing the people.
"The Chief Minister was shown black flags by the people and massive public protests took place during his `Adhikar yatra` which proves that he has failed to fulfil the promises of development, employment and electricity even seven years after assuming power,"the PCI chief had told a function.
JD(U)`s coalition partner BJP said the PCI chief had made "baseless" statements.
"It`s amazing that in just four hours of stay, Katju seems to have understood everything about Bihar...His comments make it clear that he had some preconceived ideas about the state," state BJP media incharge Ashok Bhat said in a statement.
Opposition RJD, however, hailed the comments of the PCI chief.
"Katju`s comments make it clear that an Emergency-like situation is prevailing in Bihar...Democracy is being throttled and protestors suppressed," RJD state unit spokesman Ejaj Ahmad said in a statement.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Salman's controversial tweet on Yakub Memon a 'contempt of court'?
- Know the significance of Devshayani Ekadashi
- Lalu Prasad Yadav calls PM Modi ''Kans'', BJP ''Bharat Jalao Party''
- What's the motive behind politicising Yakub Memon's death penalty?
- Punjab: Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Gurdaspur
- Watch: Yuvraj Singh takes up Shoaib Malik's challenge, puts on his dancing shoes
- SC to resume hearing on Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's mercy plea on Tuesday
- Lalu Prasad Yadav arrested as RJD bandh cripples life in Bihar
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'
- Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Punjab's Gurdaspur; 3 killed