Nitish Kumar`s dig at Katju
Patna: Without naming Press Council of India Chairman Markandey Katju who had criticised Bihar Chief Minister yesterday, Nitish Kumar today said some people were moving in the state like the `Ramayana`s character `Kalnemi` to turn a vibrant atmosphere of the state into gloom.
"Bihar is witnessing rapid growth after change of environment conducive to progress...But some people are moving around the state like the epic Ramayana`s character Kalnemi to transform an environment of enthuasism prevailing in the state into gloom," Kumar said.
"They appear from nowhere all of a sudden and return after giving sermon," he said.
Referring to the `Ramayana`, Kumar said `Kalnemi` had tried to confuse Lord Hanuman while he was on way to bring `Sanjeevani` to save the life of Ram`s brother Lakshman.
When a mediaperson sought a pointed reaction from him on Katju`s comment, the Chief Minister said "he is a big personality what can I say about him."
Katju had yesterday claimed that Bihar chief minister had lost the goodwill of people as indicated by public protests against him during his recent `Adhikar yatra` and said he was "scared" of facing the people.
"The Chief Minister was shown black flags by the people and massive public protests took place during his `Adhikar yatra` which proves that he has failed to fulfil the promises of development, employment and electricity even seven years after assuming power,"the PCI chief had told a function.
JD(U)`s coalition partner BJP said the PCI chief had made "baseless" statements.
"It`s amazing that in just four hours of stay, Katju seems to have understood everything about Bihar...His comments make it clear that he had some preconceived ideas about the state," state BJP media incharge Ashok Bhat said in a statement.
Opposition RJD, however, hailed the comments of the PCI chief.
"Katju`s comments make it clear that an Emergency-like situation is prevailing in Bihar...Democracy is being throttled and protestors suppressed," RJD state unit spokesman Ejaj Ahmad said in a statement.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Turkey has the right to defend its airspace, says Obama
- J&K: Terrorists attack Army camp at Tangdhar near LoC
- Proud to be an Indian, no plans to leave the country, says Aamir Khan
- Rahul Gandhi's embarrassment in front of Bengaluru college students
- Panel discussion on Aamir Khan's ignorance on Kashmiri Pandits
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- Watch: Chicago cop shoots a 17-year-old black man 16 times
- Army camp attacked in J&K's Kupwara; three JeM terrorists, one civilian killed
- WATCH: Rahul Gandhi asks 'Is Swachh Bharat working', Mount Carmel girls yell 'Yessss'
- Aamir Khan's 12-day mystery: From lauding Modi's 'positive India' to dubbing India as 'intolerant'