Nitish lacks the stature to debate with Sonia: Wasnik
Patna: Union minister for Social Justice and
Empowerment and Congress party in-charge Bihar affairs Mukul
Wasnik on Sunday said that Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar
"lacked the stature" to enter into a debate with Congress
president Sonia Gandhi over Central assistance to Bihar.
Reacting to Kumar`s challenge to Sonia Gandhi for a
debate over the Centre`s financial assistance to Bihar during
the rule of the Manmohan Singh government, Wasnik and BPCC
president Mehboob Ali Kaiser said "the Bihar CM lacked the
stature to have a debate with AICC president."
"A simple Congress worker is educated enough to give
detailed reply to the queries of Bihar CM over financial
assistance provided by the UPA government...there is no no
need to involve the AICC president to reply to the allegations
of Kumar about Centre`s step motherly treatment towards Bihar
so far as its development is concerned," the Union minister
Wasnik said if Kumar had enough evidences that Centre was
not cooperating with the Bihar government in taking up
measures to develop the state, then Kumar should come out with
a "white paper" against the Centre.
The Centre would come with specific replies to the
"white paper", Wasnik said adding the Nitish Kumar government
had failed to submit the utilisation certificate of several
thousands of crores to take up developmental measures.
Asked if former state president of the JD (U) Rajiv
Ranjan Singh alias Lallan Singh, an MP from Munger would be
welcome to the party, Wasnik said "yes if Lallan Singh joins
the party he will prove to be an asset to the party."
Wasnik, however, made it clear that people having
criminal background would have no no place in the party as the
Congress believed in "clean politics."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- Train accident in Andhra Pradesh leaves many people dead
- UP Assembly Elections: Akhilesh Yadav releases party's manifesto
- When will democracy get freedom from dynasty politics?
- UP elections: Rajnath Singh's Son, Rita Bahuguna Joshi in BJP second list of candidates
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Flying Jadeja: MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli floored by Ravindra Jadeja's brilliant fielding effort – WATCH