Nitish launches Mahadalit radio scheme
Masaurhi(Bihar): Bihar Chief Minister
Nitish Kumar on Saturday launched a state-wide Mahadalit radio
scheme for scheduled castes and scheduled tribes by welfare
department under Bihar Mahadalit Vikas mission.
He distributed radios to ten mahadalit beneficiaries and
said tahe radios would make the section aware of the
government schemes launched for their socio-economic uplift.
The people should take the benefit of the state`s
schemes for uniforms, cycles and mid-day meals and send their
wards to school regularly.
Speaking on the occasion Deputy Chief Minister SK Modi
said the radios would help the mahadalits know what was
happening in the country and abroad.
The government, he said, had raised the budgetary
allocation for implementation of schemes meant for the uplift
of mahadalits in Bihar during 2012-2013.
State SC/ST Welfare Minister Jitan Ram Manjhi, Water
Resource minister Vijay Kumar Choudhary and Food Minister
Shyam Rajak also spoke at the programme.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- Panel discussion on RSS's 'Muslim Rashtriya Manch' first Iftaar party
- Jhansi police launches ‘Citizen Cop’ android app
- MPs spend more than Rs 25 cr taxpayers' money on study tours: DNA reports
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Chile stun Argentina to win first Copa America crown