Nitish launches Mahadalit radio scheme
Masaurhi(Bihar): Bihar Chief Minister
Nitish Kumar on Saturday launched a state-wide Mahadalit radio
scheme for scheduled castes and scheduled tribes by welfare
department under Bihar Mahadalit Vikas mission.
He distributed radios to ten mahadalit beneficiaries and
said tahe radios would make the section aware of the
government schemes launched for their socio-economic uplift.
The people should take the benefit of the state`s
schemes for uniforms, cycles and mid-day meals and send their
wards to school regularly.
Speaking on the occasion Deputy Chief Minister SK Modi
said the radios would help the mahadalits know what was
happening in the country and abroad.
The government, he said, had raised the budgetary
allocation for implementation of schemes meant for the uplift
of mahadalits in Bihar during 2012-2013.
State SC/ST Welfare Minister Jitan Ram Manjhi, Water
Resource minister Vijay Kumar Choudhary and Food Minister
Shyam Rajak also spoke at the programme.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Afzal Guru row: JNU Students' Union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested
- Missing girl from Ghaziabad, Dipti Sarna returns; reunited with family
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU - Part II
- DNA: Gravitational waves detected, proving Einstein right!
- Kumar Vishwas' birthday bash: Ajit Doval, BJP and RSS leaders attend; Arvind Kejriwal missing
- Afzal Guru row: JNU students union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested by Delhi Police
- Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna reaches home, police and family remain tight-lipped over her recovery
- Was abducted, blindfolded for four hours; Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna narrates her ordeal
- Fitoor movie review: Tabu overpowers, Katrina Kaif, Aditya Roy Kapur leave a lasting impact!