Nitish lost moral right to continue: Rabri
Patna: Hours after her party submitted a chargesheet against the Nitish Kumar government for its alleged failure on all fronts, former Bihar chief minister Rabri Devi on Monday called for mmediate resignation of the Chief Minister.
"After the chargesheet and beginning of the trial in the court of people for unleashing misrule, reign of terror, corruption and criminalisation of power, Kumar has lost the moral authority to continue," Rabri Devi, also Leader of Opposition in the state Assembly, said in a press statement.
Accusing the state`s NDA government of failing to rein in the activities of naxalites and criminals in Bihar during the past four years, Rabri Devi said "fear, starvation and corruption prevailed at all places".
She alleged that more than 100 people have lost their lives during the past four years.
"The state government has miserably failed to reach relief to the people affected by drought and floods," she charged adding that the state government had also `failed` to check corruption in the centrally-sponsored schemes.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi visits Lord Jagannath temple at Puri
- Boyfriend murders DU student Arzu Singh; hides body in his house for three days
- International Fleet Review: India shows off naval prowess in "Operation Demo"
- Declared unfit for employment, man invents cost-effective electric car called Pixie!
- Can comments on social media against politicians land you in jail?
- Year of the Monkey: Know how lucky you are according to Chinese calendar!
- India vs Sri Lanka 2016, 1st T20I: Squads, date, time, TV listing, live streaming
- WATCH: When PM Modi took his supporters by surprise, came to meet them standing on car's side foot step
- Really? Katrina Kaif rebuffs breaking up with Ranbir Kapoor?
- ISI plotted 26/11 Mumbai attacks with Pakistan govt's support, says David Headley