Nitish lost moral right to continue: Rabri
Patna: Hours after her party submitted a chargesheet against the Nitish Kumar government for its alleged failure on all fronts, former Bihar chief minister Rabri Devi on Monday called for mmediate resignation of the Chief Minister.
"After the chargesheet and beginning of the trial in the court of people for unleashing misrule, reign of terror, corruption and criminalisation of power, Kumar has lost the moral authority to continue," Rabri Devi, also Leader of Opposition in the state Assembly, said in a press statement.
Accusing the state`s NDA government of failing to rein in the activities of naxalites and criminals in Bihar during the past four years, Rabri Devi said "fear, starvation and corruption prevailed at all places".
She alleged that more than 100 people have lost their lives during the past four years.
"The state government has miserably failed to reach relief to the people affected by drought and floods," she charged adding that the state government had also `failed` to check corruption in the centrally-sponsored schemes.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Heart-wrenching reality of Kashmiri pandits
- DNA: Bengaluru's Mount Carmel college students show country's ideology to Rahul Gandhi
- DNA: Aamir Khan clarifies his love towards nation but sticks to previous statement
- Panel discussion on Aamir Khan's ignorance on Kashmiri Pandits
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- Eat smart to slow down ageing and increase longevity!
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Intolerance issue: Those attacking me are only proving my point, says Aamir Khan – Read full statement
- Delhi gang-rape: Show juvenile rapist's face to the world, demand Nirbhaya's parents
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case