Nitish lost moral right to continue: Rabri
Patna: Hours after her party submitted a chargesheet against the Nitish Kumar government for its alleged failure on all fronts, former Bihar chief minister Rabri Devi on Monday called for mmediate resignation of the Chief Minister.
"After the chargesheet and beginning of the trial in the court of people for unleashing misrule, reign of terror, corruption and criminalisation of power, Kumar has lost the moral authority to continue," Rabri Devi, also Leader of Opposition in the state Assembly, said in a press statement.
Accusing the state`s NDA government of failing to rein in the activities of naxalites and criminals in Bihar during the past four years, Rabri Devi said "fear, starvation and corruption prevailed at all places".
She alleged that more than 100 people have lost their lives during the past four years.
"The state government has miserably failed to reach relief to the people affected by drought and floods," she charged adding that the state government had also `failed` to check corruption in the centrally-sponsored schemes.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Olympic bronze medallist Sakshi Malik returns home from Rio to grand welcome!
- Rahul Gandhi takes U-turn, says never blamed RSS for Gandhi's assassination
- Secret documents on Indian Navy's Scorpene-class submarine leaked
- PM Modi's photos, Indian flags raised during massive protests in Balochistan
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy?
- India Red vs India Green: Bowlers dominate first day of Duleep Trophy tie
- Hillary Clinton holds lead over Donald Trump, but trails him among white voters: poll
- Sensitive data on India's Scorpene submarines leaked
- Second US service member killed in Afghanistan in 2016
- 8 out of 10 French do not want Nicolas Sarkozy back