Nitish making `mockery` of power: Paswan
Patna: Taking a dig at Bihar Chief Minister
Nitish Kumar for holding a cabinet meeting at the Ratnagiri
hill in Rajgir, Lok Janashakti party supremo Ramvilas Paswan
on Wednesday termed it as a "blatant misuse and mockery of power."
"It is a blatant misuse and mockery of power. After
hills and villages, Kumar has also promised to hold the next
cabinet meeting on a ship on the river Ganga. This is a feudal
and king-like mentality," Paswan told reporters here.
"We never expected that a man (Kumar) from a socialist
background will work in this fashion. Public funds are being
misused for cheap popularity and publicity," Paswan said.
The LJP supremo said his party would observe state-wide
bandh along with ally -- RJD to protest `rise in prices of
essential commodities, corruption and anarchy` in the state.
Accusing the state`s NDA government of `failure` to curb
soaring prices, he said the people wanted to know from Kumar
what steps he took against it and alleged the state and
central governments were passing buck on each other on this
"We will like Nitish to let people know the number of
raids being made against hoarders and steps to prevent
blackmarketing of essential commodities," he said.
Paswan for reservation for economically-backward
Ramvilas Paswan also called for ensuring reservation for
`economically-backward` people among the upper castes.
"We stick to the demand for ensuring reservation for
the economically-backward among upper castes in jobs," Paswan
told reporters, while ridiculing Chief Minister Nitish Kumar`s
announcement that his government would give either three
decimal of land or Rs 20,000 in cash to each dalit family.
"We will like Kumar to publish a list of the dalits,
who have received benefits under the scheme," he said.
The LJP supremo also said that his party would ensure
reservation for economically-backward among upper castes and
provide one bigha of land for each dalit family, if voted to
power in the 2010 assembly polls.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BCCI announces Team India squad for Bangladesh tour
- Sudha Shivpuri aka 'Baa' of 'Kyuki Saas Bhi Kabhi Bahu Thi' dies
- IAF Mirage fighter plane lands on Yamuna Expressway!
- Kejriwal accuses Centre of trying to rule Delhi through LG
- 'Maggi' under regulatory scanner for excess amount of lead, MSG
- Watch: Michelle Obama's 'Gimme Five' fitness video
- Expect that Rahul will be Congress president in 2015: Jairam Ramesh
- When Subramanian Swamy shocked people at a wedding!
- Mumbaikars join hands to save Pakistani teen with rare illness
- DNA: Analysis of Hurriyat chief Syed Geelani's passport issue
- DNA: Analysis of traffic system of Vancouver, Canada
- Mumbai: Diamond export company denies job to Muslim youth
- Mirage 2000 fighter jet landing was part of capability demonstration: IAF
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 21, 2015
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- RBSE (rajresults.nic.in) Class 12th science and commerce results 2015: Rajasthan Board Class 12th XII exam results 2015 expected to be announced on May 21
- JAC 12th Inter Arts Result 2015: JAC 12th Inter Arts Result 2015 (jharkhandeducation.net) likely to be announced on Thursday May 21 at 1 PM
- RBSE (rajresults.nic.in) Class 12th science and commerce results 2015: Rajasthan Board Class 12th XII exam results 2015 to be announced today at 4 PM
- CBSE Class 10 Results 2015 to be announced today?
- IAF jet lands on Yamuna expressway
- Check Jharkhand Board jac.nic.in: Class 12th Art Results 2015 declared
- Andhra Pradesh EAMCET results 2015: Andhra Pradesh EAMCET results to be announced on May 21 at www.apeamcet.org
- Log on to apeamcet.org AP EAMCET Results 2015: Andhra Pradesh EAMCET Marks and AP EAMCET Ranks 2015 declared
- IPL 2015: Rajasthan Royals vs Royal Challengers Bangalore - As it happened...
- DHSE (dhsekerala.gov.in) 12th Result 2015: Kerala DHSE Class 12th XII exam results 2015 to be announced on May 21
- Fawad Khan doesn’t want intimate scenes with Sonam Kapoor?
- We hire only non-Muslim candidates, diamond export firm tells Muslim youth
- SSLC (tnresults.nic.in) Tenth 10th Results 2015: Tamil Nadu Board Class 10th X Higher Secondary exam results 2015 to be declared on May 21
- Bihar Intermediate Result 2015 declared
- 'IAS officer DK Ravi possibly committed suicide, suffered big loss in real estate business'