Nitish making `mockery` of power: Paswan
Patna: Taking a dig at Bihar Chief Minister
Nitish Kumar for holding a cabinet meeting at the Ratnagiri
hill in Rajgir, Lok Janashakti party supremo Ramvilas Paswan
on Wednesday termed it as a "blatant misuse and mockery of power."
"It is a blatant misuse and mockery of power. After
hills and villages, Kumar has also promised to hold the next
cabinet meeting on a ship on the river Ganga. This is a feudal
and king-like mentality," Paswan told reporters here.
"We never expected that a man (Kumar) from a socialist
background will work in this fashion. Public funds are being
misused for cheap popularity and publicity," Paswan said.
The LJP supremo said his party would observe state-wide
bandh along with ally -- RJD to protest `rise in prices of
essential commodities, corruption and anarchy` in the state.
Accusing the state`s NDA government of `failure` to curb
soaring prices, he said the people wanted to know from Kumar
what steps he took against it and alleged the state and
central governments were passing buck on each other on this
"We will like Nitish to let people know the number of
raids being made against hoarders and steps to prevent
blackmarketing of essential commodities," he said.
Paswan for reservation for economically-backward
Ramvilas Paswan also called for ensuring reservation for
`economically-backward` people among the upper castes.
"We stick to the demand for ensuring reservation for
the economically-backward among upper castes in jobs," Paswan
told reporters, while ridiculing Chief Minister Nitish Kumar`s
announcement that his government would give either three
decimal of land or Rs 20,000 in cash to each dalit family.
"We will like Kumar to publish a list of the dalits,
who have received benefits under the scheme," he said.
The LJP supremo also said that his party would ensure
reservation for economically-backward among upper castes and
provide one bigha of land for each dalit family, if voted to
power in the 2010 assembly polls.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Parade and hang Tiger, not Yakub: Salman Khan
- Mann Ki Baat: PM Modi pays tribute to Kargil war martyrs
- India to give fresh dossier to Pakistan on Lakhvi, Dawood, Hafiz
- Veterans serve country but do not get their due, says Anna Hazare
- Salman's controversial tweet on Yakub Memon a 'contempt of court'?
- PM Modi's 10th edition of 'Mann Ki Baat': As it happened
- Anna Hazare extends support to ex-servicemen over OROP protests
- Watch: Yuvraj Singh takes up Shoaib Malik's challenge, puts on his dancing shoes
- Mann ki Baat: Govt to provide cashless treatment to road accident victims, says PM Modi
- SC to resume hearing on Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's mercy plea on Tuesday