Nitish meets Krishna, seeks funds for Nalanda University
New Delhi: Keen on speeding up work on the
Nalanda International University, Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar on Wednesday met External Affairs Minster S M Krishna and
sought timely release of funds and adequate budgetary
provisions for the ambitious initiative.
He also drew the Centre`s attention towards
non-appointment of the Vice-Chancellor for the University.
"Please ensure that there are no undue delays in making
the necessary funds available by making adequate budgetary
provision for the same and releasing the money as and when
required by the University," Kumar said in a memorandum
submitted to the Union Minister.
He said the Vice- Chancellor has still not been formally
appointed by the Visitor. "This is becoming somewhat of a
source of embarrassment...," he said.
Kumar also and apprised him of his last visit to Bhutan
where he discussed matters relating to electricity for Bihar.
Emphasising on the full commitment of Bihar government to
the Nalanda University project, Kumar informed the Union
Minister that the land had been transferred to the University
in early February this year.
"I would request the Central Government also to fully
support the project. Of course the University is being
established in Bihar but it is going to be an international
university of national importance and since it began as an
initiative of East Asia Summit, the pride of the country is
linked to its early and successful completion," he said.
Kumar told the minister that the next meeting of the
Governing Board is scheduled to be held in Patna on July 6 and
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- IAF Mirage fighter plane lands on Yamuna Expressway!
- 'Maggi' under regulatory scanner for excess amount of lead, MSG
- Watch: Michelle Obama's 'Gimme Five' fitness video
- When Subramanian Swamy shocked people at a wedding!
- Mumbaikars join hands to save Pakistani teen with rare illness
- Mumbai: Diamond export company denies job to Muslim youth
- PM Modi speaks at Golden Jubilee celebrations of poet Dinkar’s works
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 21, 2015
- Mirage 2000 fighter jet landing was part of capability demonstration: IAF
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- Vadodara: Policemen seen dancing with bar girls
- Coal scam: Naveen Jindal, Madhu Koda and others get bail
- DNA: Osama documents show 'Indian brother in Madinah' financed al Qaeda
- One year of Modi govt: Arun Jaitley addresses press conference
- ISIS executes Syrian fighter using anti-tank rocket launcher
- CBSE Class 10 Results 2015 to be announced today?
- IAF jet lands on Yamuna expressway
- Check Jharkhand Board jac.nic.in: Class 12th Art Results 2015 declared
- Fawad Khan doesn’t want intimate scenes with Sonam Kapoor?
- Log on to apeamcet.org AP EAMCET Results 2015: Andhra Pradesh EAMCET Marks and AP EAMCET Ranks 2015 declared
- We hire only non-Muslim candidates, diamond export firm tells Muslim youth
- Is MSG in 'Maggi' noodles harmful for you?
- Mumbai firm booked for denying Muslim MBA graduate job on religious grounds, probe ordered
- Jayalalithaa makes public appearance, meets Governor: As it happened
- New IPL rules could see Chennai Super Kings lose MS Dhoni
- `Piku` hits jackpot, does Rs 100 crore business worldwide
- Anurag Kashyap to bid goodbye to India, settle in 'cinema-friendly' France!
- IPL 2015, Qualifier 2, Chennai Super Kings vs Royal Challengers Bangalore: Preview
- Geelani's passport application incomplete, cannot be processed: MEA
- Tamil Nadu SSLC Results 2015 on tnresults.nic.in