Nitish Mishra gets Parveen`s portfolio
Patna: Rural Development Department Minister Nitish Mishra has been given additional charge of the Social Welfare Department following resignation of Parveen Amanullah.
DY Patil has been given additional charge of the Social Welfare Department with immediate effect, Principal Secretary (Cabinet Secretariat) Brajesh Mehrotra said in a notification last night.
The Governor had late last evening accepted Parveen Amanullah`s resignation letter after the same was forwarded to him for acceptance by the Chief Minister.
Amanullah, daughter of the former diplomat and Babri Mosque Action Committee member Syed Shahabuddin and wife of retired IAS official Afzal Amanullah, had resigned from the Nitish Kumar government two days ago protesting alleged corruption and lack of transparency in the government.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Watch - Parrikar's reply to Mamata's military coup claim
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Scam? 'Aam Aadmi Party using Delhi Transport Corporation to exchange Rs 500, Rs 1,000 notes'