Nitish Mishra gets Parveen`s portfolio
Patna: Rural Development Department Minister Nitish Mishra has been given additional charge of the Social Welfare Department following resignation of Parveen Amanullah.
DY Patil has been given additional charge of the Social Welfare Department with immediate effect, Principal Secretary (Cabinet Secretariat) Brajesh Mehrotra said in a notification last night.
The Governor had late last evening accepted Parveen Amanullah`s resignation letter after the same was forwarded to him for acceptance by the Chief Minister.
Amanullah, daughter of the former diplomat and Babri Mosque Action Committee member Syed Shahabuddin and wife of retired IAS official Afzal Amanullah, had resigned from the Nitish Kumar government two days ago protesting alleged corruption and lack of transparency in the government.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vladimir Putin rages as Turkey shoots down Russian plane
- I was shivering while interviewing Nirbhaya's friend, says Ramnath Goenka awardee Sudhir Chaudhary
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- If India was intolerant, then Kiran Rao wouldn't have married Aamir Khan: Baba Ramdev
- Army camp attacked in J&K's Kupwara; three JeM terrorists, one civilian killed