Nitish, Modi, Rabri elected to Bihar Upper House
Patna: Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar, his deputy Sushil Kumar Modi and RJD leader and former chief minister Rabri Devi were on Thursday elected unopposed to the Bihar legislative council.
They were among total 11 candidates who were elected unopposed in the biennial elections to the legislative council on the last date of withdrawal of nominations today, assembly secretary-cum-returning officer Laxmi Kant Jha said.
This is Kumar`s second consecutive term and he had submitted his nomination papers for the poll on April 11.
It is also the second consecutive term for Modi, who is a senior BJP leader.
The JD(U) leaders elected unopposed to the state legislative council today are state Agriculture Minister Narendra Singh, Rural Works Department Minister Bhim Singh, Ramashray Prasad Singh, JD(U) spokesman Sanjay Singh and party leader Upendra Prasad. Like Kumar they have been elected for the second consecutive term.
BJP official nominees Mangal Pandey, Lal Babu Prasad, Satyendra Narayan Kushwaha too were declared elected unopposed to the state legislative council.
April 16 was the last date of filing of nominations and today was the last day of withdrawal of nominations.
When contacted, Modi said the decision by NDA partners JD(U) and BJP to contest 10 seats reflected that the alliance was intact.
"We have established a good tradition of alliance which reflect perfect understanding between the two parties," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof