Nitish mourns death of ex-CJI Ranganath Mishra
Patna: Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar Friday expressed profound grief at the demise of the former Chief Justice of India (CJI) Ranganath Mishra.
The Ex-CJI was an eminent jurist and champion of social justice, Kumar said in a condolence message.
A multi-faced person, Mishra stood for secularism and espoused for welfare of the downtrodden and deprived sections of the society, he said.
The former CJI`s passing away has caused an irreparable loss to the field of jurisprudence and justice, the Chief Minister said.
Mishra (86) died last night at a private hospital in Bhubaneshwar following prolonged illness.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 24 dead after boat carrying 40 capsizes in river Ganga in Patna; many still missing
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: What characteristics define a true leader?
- Tourists flock to Manali as snowfall takes a short break
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Assembly elections: BJP likely to announce its first list of candidates for UP, Uttarakhand
- Abhishek Bachchan reveals the moment when Aishwarya Rai said 'yes' to him
- India vs England, 1st ODI: As it happened...
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre