Nitish mourns passing away of Kurien
Patna: The Chief Minister Nitish Kumar Sunday expressed profound grief at the death of the Father of India`s `White Revolution` Dr Verghese Kurien in a hospital in Gujarat`s Nadiad town earlier in the day.
Kurien`s passing away marks the end of an era in the country, Kumar said in a condolence message.
The people of Gujarat and the country will forever remember the `Milk` man who had founded the Gujarat Co-operative Milk Marketing Federation (GCMMF) and worked tirelessly to make India the world`s largest milk producer, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi pitches for 'Selfie with daughter' initiative
- 'Mann ki Baat': World is keen to know more about India, says PM Modi
- Kejriwal knew Tomar possessed fake degree, says Yogendra Yadav
- Need another agricultural revolution: PM Modi
- Ajinkya Rahane to captain India on Zimbabwe tour; Dhoni, Kohli rested
- India vs Zimbabwe: Ajinkya Rahane to lead; MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli rested
- BJP can give even Dawood Ibrahim a clean chit: Digvijay Singh
- India likely to rest MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli for Zimbabwe tour
- Tihar Jail's security breached: Lt Governor Najeeb Jung orders probe, Centre seeks report
- MEA declines information on Lalit Modi's passport issue, draws flak