Nitish mourns passing away of Kurien
Patna: The Chief Minister Nitish Kumar Sunday expressed profound grief at the death of the Father of India`s `White Revolution` Dr Verghese Kurien in a hospital in Gujarat`s Nadiad town earlier in the day.
Kurien`s passing away marks the end of an era in the country, Kumar said in a condolence message.
The people of Gujarat and the country will forever remember the `Milk` man who had founded the Gujarat Co-operative Milk Marketing Federation (GCMMF) and worked tirelessly to make India the world`s largest milk producer, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- J&K: Suspected Pakistani spy arrested in Samba district
- DNA: Reporting on war against ISIS in Mosul
- Kerala: Medical college prohibits girls from wearing jeans, noisy ornaments
- Ramgopal Yadav writes letter to SP party workers after Akhilesh Yadav sacked Shivpal Yadav
- DNA: Analysing the derogatory remarks made by Chinese Newspaper on Indians
- India vs New Zealand, 3rd ODI: As it happened...
- Samajwadi Party feud intensifies: Shivpal Yadav sacked, Ramgopal Yadav expelled - As it happened
- 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil' row: Raj Thackeray says Rs 5 crore 'penance' for signing Pakistani artistes
- Kerala dress code row: 'Why not 'mundus' for men, if 'sarees' for women'
- PM Narendra Modi warns of 'surgical strikes' against black money, corruption