Nitish mourns passing away of Kurien
Patna: The Chief Minister Nitish Kumar Sunday expressed profound grief at the death of the Father of India`s `White Revolution` Dr Verghese Kurien in a hospital in Gujarat`s Nadiad town earlier in the day.
Kurien`s passing away marks the end of an era in the country, Kumar said in a condolence message.
The people of Gujarat and the country will forever remember the `Milk` man who had founded the Gujarat Co-operative Milk Marketing Federation (GCMMF) and worked tirelessly to make India the world`s largest milk producer, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath reviews Gomti riverfront work
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath warns supporters of criminals, mafia
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- Triple talaq, polygamy integral part of Islam: AIMPLB tells SC
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- No ban on cow slaughter in three Northeast states if party comes to power next year: BJP