Nitish mourns passing away of Kurien
Patna: The Chief Minister Nitish Kumar Sunday expressed profound grief at the death of the Father of India`s `White Revolution` Dr Verghese Kurien in a hospital in Gujarat`s Nadiad town earlier in the day.
Kurien`s passing away marks the end of an era in the country, Kumar said in a condolence message.
The people of Gujarat and the country will forever remember the `Milk` man who had founded the Gujarat Co-operative Milk Marketing Federation (GCMMF) and worked tirelessly to make India the world`s largest milk producer, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Watch: Reports on final deal of M-777 tanks between India and America
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video
- Gujarat man who disclosed Rs 14,000 crore unaccounted wealth goes missing
- Rahul Dravid heaps praise on Virat Kohli, R Ashwin; calls duo modern cricket legends
- Indian Army makes major changes in recruitment process – Click here to get updated information