Nitish mourns passing away of Kurien
Patna: The Chief Minister Nitish Kumar Sunday expressed profound grief at the death of the Father of India`s `White Revolution` Dr Verghese Kurien in a hospital in Gujarat`s Nadiad town earlier in the day.
Kurien`s passing away marks the end of an era in the country, Kumar said in a condolence message.
The people of Gujarat and the country will forever remember the `Milk` man who had founded the Gujarat Co-operative Milk Marketing Federation (GCMMF) and worked tirelessly to make India the world`s largest milk producer, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on Mumbai HC allowing women to enter Haji Ali Dargah
- Panel discussion on Mumbai HC allowing women to enter Haji Ali Dargah Part II
- Uttarakhand: MBBS students builds toilets in a village in Rishikesh
- Digital detox helps to get rid of smartphones addiction
- Watch: Syrian boys crying, hugging each other after their brother is killed in airstrike
- Tata Motors profits fall on weak Jaguar Land Rover sales
- Russia to pay bonuses to athletes barred from Rio Olympics 2016
- Scorpene data leak unintentional, navy will address all concerns: Parrikar
- Day/Night Duleep Trophy: India Red crush India Green by 219 runs
- UEFA Europa League Draw: Groups, Fixtures, Top clashes – All you need to know!