Nitish on another round of `seva yatra` to test governance
Patna: Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar on Wednesday started a `sewa yatra` to verify development work on the ground and review functioning of government offices and schools in districts.
Asked if the yatra had political purpose, the Chief Minister said he was concerned with governance and there was no political purpose behind it.
Kumar is scheduled to tour eight districts in May as part of the yatra.
He will monitor governance in districts and instruct officials to improve the delivery of government schemes, official sources said.
Kumar left for Gopalganj district. He would also visit Sitamarhi and Gaya, they said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shocking: New ISIS video shows English-speaking boy beheading man
- Modi should not think of sending forces to fight ISIS: AIMIM chief Owaisi
- Siachen: All 10 missing soldiers hit by avalanche confirmed dead
- Panel discussion over politicians using Dalits as vote banks
- LTCG tax concession for under construction property
- `Jawaharlal Nehru awarded the man who stole Subhas Chandra Bose's INA treasure`
- ‘Ghayal Once Again’ tweet review
- Hashim Amla refuses to be interviewed by 'underdressed' Indian TV anchor: Report
- Deepika Padukone's first shot from 'XXX 3' revealed! See pic
- Scariest ever ghosts caught on camera, video goes viral - Watch