‘Nitish only playing politics on special status de
Patna: LJP chief Ramvilas Paswan Tuesday
criticised Chief Minister Nitish Kumar for playing `politics` on the special status demand for Bihar and said that if the
latter was sincere then he should have prevailed upon the then
NDA government to accord special status to the backward state
soon after bifurcation of the state a decade ago.
"Kumar is simply playing politics on the special
status demand for Bihar ranting about the matter now, but he
did not press for the special status while the NDA was in
power at the centre," he told reporters here.
Soon after bifurcation of Bihar, the then RJD
government had passed two resolutions seeking special category
status to tide over economic backwardness in the state, but
the then NDA government chose to ignore the matter, Paswan
The LJP leader also flayed the NDA government on the
corruption issue and claimed that the scourge stood at `an all
time high` in Bihar at present.
"Let anti-corruption crusader Anna Hazare send
his team to Bihar to assess the magnitude of corruption
prevailing in Bihar", Paswan said.
At the same time, Paswan reiterated his commitment to
work for the betterment of Bihar and said that from now
onwards he will raise Bihar-centric issues in Parliament.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- Congress workers thrash students for showing black flags to Rahul Gandhi in Raebareli
- Uri attack: Israel ready to help India with cutting-edge technology to secure borders
- India's Rafale vs Pakistan's F-16: Why the French fighter jet is the best choice for dogfight
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31
- India's Balochistan push works, European Parliament warns Pakistan of sanctions over atrocities on Balochi people
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray