‘Nitish only playing politics on special status de
Patna: LJP chief Ramvilas Paswan Tuesday
criticised Chief Minister Nitish Kumar for playing `politics` on the special status demand for Bihar and said that if the
latter was sincere then he should have prevailed upon the then
NDA government to accord special status to the backward state
soon after bifurcation of the state a decade ago.
"Kumar is simply playing politics on the special
status demand for Bihar ranting about the matter now, but he
did not press for the special status while the NDA was in
power at the centre," he told reporters here.
Soon after bifurcation of Bihar, the then RJD
government had passed two resolutions seeking special category
status to tide over economic backwardness in the state, but
the then NDA government chose to ignore the matter, Paswan
The LJP leader also flayed the NDA government on the
corruption issue and claimed that the scourge stood at `an all
time high` in Bihar at present.
"Let anti-corruption crusader Anna Hazare send
his team to Bihar to assess the magnitude of corruption
prevailing in Bihar", Paswan said.
At the same time, Paswan reiterated his commitment to
work for the betterment of Bihar and said that from now
onwards he will raise Bihar-centric issues in Parliament.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- One year of Modi govt: PM promises to fulfil aspirations
- DNA: Sikh man in New Zealand removed his turban to help injured kid
- Watch: Mumbai cops find new secret agents in housewives!
- Hundreds die as heat wave continues in India
- 2G scam: Ex-TRAI chief alleges Manmohan Singh had warned him to cooperate
- DNA: AIIMS doctor removes both kidneys of minor, claims she had only one
- Pranab Mukherjee defends Bofors scam, says it was just a media trial
- Salman Khan attends sister Arpita's wedding reception in Mandi
- Zee Media's mega survey on Modi govt
- Zee Media Exclusive: Vidya Balan chats about 'Hamari Adhuri Kahani'
- Para athlete Deepa Malik complains of callous service by Air India
- Smriti Irani visits Amethi, promises to pay insurance money to 25,000 women
- One year of Modi govt: Amit Shah addresses media
- Mathura rally: PM Modi's ten power-packed dialogues
- BBV: What challenges lie ahead of Modi govt?
- One year of NDA govt: PM Modi writes open letter to nation, promises to transform India
- World optimistic about India: PM Narendra Modi on 1 year of NDA govt
- MSBSHSE Class 12th HSC results 2015 to be declared at 1pm tomorrow
- Arpita-Aayush wedding reception: Salman Khan spreads love in Mandi, says `hum aapke hain`
- Bharatiya Janata Party lacks majority for Ram Temple, Article 370: Amit Shah
- Rahul Gandhi takes a dig at one year of Modi govt, wishes 'happy birthday' to 'suit-boot ki sarkar'
- AAP govt moves resolution against MHA notification: As it happened
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- Heatwave kills 90 more in Andhra, Telangana; toll crosses 800
- UBSE Results 2015 (ubse.uk.gov.in): Uttarakhand 12th Result 2015 to be announced today at 11 AM
- Gujjars adamant on holding talks in Bayana; rail tracks remain blocked
- CBSE 10th result to be declared tomorrow
- CBSE Class X Board Results 2015 to declared tomorrow
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in