‘Nitish only playing politics on special status de
Patna: LJP chief Ramvilas Paswan Tuesday
criticised Chief Minister Nitish Kumar for playing `politics` on the special status demand for Bihar and said that if the
latter was sincere then he should have prevailed upon the then
NDA government to accord special status to the backward state
soon after bifurcation of the state a decade ago.
"Kumar is simply playing politics on the special
status demand for Bihar ranting about the matter now, but he
did not press for the special status while the NDA was in
power at the centre," he told reporters here.
Soon after bifurcation of Bihar, the then RJD
government had passed two resolutions seeking special category
status to tide over economic backwardness in the state, but
the then NDA government chose to ignore the matter, Paswan
The LJP leader also flayed the NDA government on the
corruption issue and claimed that the scourge stood at `an all
time high` in Bihar at present.
"Let anti-corruption crusader Anna Hazare send
his team to Bihar to assess the magnitude of corruption
prevailing in Bihar", Paswan said.
At the same time, Paswan reiterated his commitment to
work for the betterment of Bihar and said that from now
onwards he will raise Bihar-centric issues in Parliament.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- What Hindu saints think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- Bikaner: 13-year-old schoolgirl raped by eight teachers
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- Know how to link your PAN card with Aadhaar card – Here is the step by step explanation
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Yogi Adityanath meets gang-rape survivor, who was forced to drink acid, at Lucknow hospital; two arrested