Nitish opposes FDI in multi-brand retail
Betiah (Bihar): Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar opposed UPA government`s decision to allow 51 per cent FDI in multi-brand retail and said on Wednesday the measure will directly affect the crores of domestic retailers and their families adversely.
"The foreign retailers will not only destroy the domestic traders, but take away the hard-earned money of the people to their respective countries," he said.
If FDI has to be allowed then it should be asked for investment in infrastructure sector like roads, ports and power plants as in that case the capital investment would remain in the country.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- China condemns Pakistan over Uri terror attack
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- Uri attack: Israel ready to help India with cutting-edge technology to secure borders
- India's Rafale vs Pakistan's F-16: Why the French fighter jet is the best choice for dogfight
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31
- India's Balochistan push works, European Parliament warns Pakistan of sanctions over atrocities on Balochi people
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray