Nitish opposes FDI in multi-brand retail
Betiah (Bihar): Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar opposed UPA government`s decision to allow 51 per cent FDI in multi-brand retail and said on Wednesday the measure will directly affect the crores of domestic retailers and their families adversely.
"The foreign retailers will not only destroy the domestic traders, but take away the hard-earned money of the people to their respective countries," he said.
If FDI has to be allowed then it should be asked for investment in infrastructure sector like roads, ports and power plants as in that case the capital investment would remain in the country.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena Bora murder case: All that we know about Indrani Mukherjea
- Pregnant teen buried alive, wakes up in coffin
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukherjea's former husband, Sanjeev Khanna, arrested by Mumbai Police
- How Hardik Patel got offended when asked about Arvind Kejriwal
- Explosive photos and phone conversation – How Mikhail plans to expose Indrani Mukerjea