Nitish opposes FDI in multi-brand retail
Betiah (Bihar): Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar opposed UPA government`s decision to allow 51 per cent FDI in multi-brand retail and said on Wednesday the measure will directly affect the crores of domestic retailers and their families adversely.
"The foreign retailers will not only destroy the domestic traders, but take away the hard-earned money of the people to their respective countries," he said.
If FDI has to be allowed then it should be asked for investment in infrastructure sector like roads, ports and power plants as in that case the capital investment would remain in the country.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Growing sense of despondency in India from last 6-8 months: Aamir Khan
- 8th Ramnath Goenka Awards: Sudhir Chaudhary awarded for Excellence in Journalism
- I am surviving only on 25% of my liver today, says Big B
- Ram Mandir in Ayodhya will be built soon, says Thawar Chand Gehlot
- Exclusive: Sudhir Chaudhary in conversation with Aamir Khan on intolerance in India!
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Lesson for jihadi aspirants? ISIS says Indians not good enough as 6 out of 23 fighters from India are killed
- Aamir Khan feels intolerance growing in India, says his wife suggested moving out of India
- Intolerance issue: When did ‘Incredible India’ become ‘Intolerant India’, Anupam Kher asks Aamir Khan
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan