Nitish orders high-level probe into doctor`s killing
Patna: Taking serious note of prisoners
beating a jail doctor Buddhadev Singh, youngest brother of an
ex-MP Satyadeo Singh, to death inside Gopalganj Jail, Bihar
Chief Minister Nitish Kumar on Monday ordered a high-level probe.
"It is a shocking incident... we won`t tolerate it,"
He directed state Home Secretary Amir Subhani to
rush to Gopalganj and inquire into the incident.
Stating that stern punitive action would be taken
against perpetrators of the crime, he said Subhani would
submit a report about the circumstances relating to the murder
Meanwhile, Health Minister Ashwini Kumar Choubey said
the state government would bring the Doctors Protection Bill
in the upcoming Monsoon Session of the state Legislature
seeking to protect doctors.
Prisoners of Gopalganj Jail had beaten the jail doctor
to death when he had gone inside to treat an inmate.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I am still single, says Hrithik Roshan
- Bharat bandh: Nation braces for country-wide strike on Wednesday
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- Former Pakistani spinner Arshad Khan now a taxi driver in Sydney!
- SC intervenes into Khap panchayat's rape order of two UP sisters, seeks report from Akhilesh govt