Nitish orders probe into train dacoity incident
Patna: Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar
today ordered the Director General of Police Anand Shankar to
get the Lakhisarai district`s train dacoity incident probed
"Kumar has asked the DGP to get the incident inquired
into and submit a report to him," an official spokesman to
Chief Minister told.
He said Kumar on coming to know about the incident rushed
the IG (Railway) S K Bhardawaj to the spot for holding an
A vendor Rakesh Kumar of Pavai village was critically
wounded when GRP personnel opened fire while trying to foil an
attempt by robbers to loot passengers travelling by Jamalpur-
Kiul DMU train at Dhanauri railway station in Bihar`s
Lakhisarai district in the wee hours today.
The Chief Minister directed the state Health
Department`s Principal Secretary C K Mishra to ensure free
treatment to the injured vendor admitted at the Patna Medical
College Hospital. "If necessary the injured may be shifted to
New Delhi at the state`s cost for further treatment," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch video: The epic battle between 'Machli' tigress and a 14-foot-long crocodile!
- India, Bangladesh swap border enclaves, settle historic dispute; people rejoice
- Home Ministry holds high-level meet over ISIS
- Watch: Passenger plane dangerously oscillates before touching runway
- 'Remembering Dr APJ Abdul Kalam' - President Pranab Mukherjee's photo tribute on Twitter