Nitish orders probe into train dacoity incident
Patna: Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar
on Saturday ordered the Director General of Police Anand Shankar to
get the Lakhisarai district`s train dacoity incident probed
"Kumar has asked the DGP to get the incident inquired
into and submit a report to him," an official spokesman to
Chief Minister told a news agency.
He said Kumar on coming to know about the incident rushed
the IG (Railway) S K Bhardawaj to the spot for holding an
A vendor Rakesh Kumar of Pavai village was critically
wounded when GRP personnel opened fire while trying to foil an
attempt by robbers to loot passengers travelling by Jamalpur-
Kiul DMU train at Dhanauri railway station in Bihar`s
Lakhisarai district in the wee hours today.
The Chief Minister directed the state Health
department`s principal secretary C K Mishra to ensure free
treatment to the injured vendor admitted at the Patna Medical
College Hospital. "If necessary the injured may be shifted to
New Delhi at the state`s cost for further treatment," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is this for real: Ajinkya Rahane bizarre shot went for six, concerned Virat Kohli settles with smile — WATCH
- WATCH: Tom Latham takes IMPOSSIBLE catch to dismiss Faf du Plessis
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!