Nitish orders special action plan to deal cases of
Patna: Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar on Friday ordered an action plan for speeding up investigation into cases of alleged atrocities on Scheduled Caste and Scheduled Tribe people and expeditious disposal of the pending cases.
Kumar also ordered for setting up a special cell in SC & ST Welfare department for effective implementation of laws for the weaker sections.
The CM`s order came during a meeting with officials here, according to an official statement.
He also told officials to conduct a probe about people still carrying human waste on their head by an independent agency and rehabilitate the people found doing so.
Scheduled Caste constitutes around 15.7 percent of Bihar`s total population. The state ranks third among all states and Union Territories in terms of SC population.
National Schedule Castes Commission Chairman P L Punia during a visit here in mid-October had charged the NDA government in Bihar with ignoring welfare of the weaker sections by spending merely one to two per cent of the total budget meant for them.
Whereas it is duty bound to spend at least 16 per cent of the Rs 28,000 crore outlay for running schemes for welfare of SCs, Punia had said.
Kumar instructed that proper infrastructural facilities like vehicles, police force and other resources should be provided to SC & ST police stations for their efficient functioning.
He instructed that District Magistrates should regularly review cases against weaker sections.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- When Subramanian Swamy shocked people at a wedding!
- Mumbaikars join hands to save Pakistani teen with rare illness
- PM Modi speaks at Golden Jubilee celebrations of poet Dinkar’s works
- Mumbai: Diamond export company denies job to Muslim youth
- Vadodara: Policemen seen dancing with bar girls
- Coal scam: Naveen Jindal, Madhu Koda and others get bail
- Mirage 2000 fighter jet landing was part of capability demonstration: IAF
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- One year of Modi govt: Arun Jaitley addresses press conference
- DNA: Osama documents show 'Indian brother in Madinah' financed al Qaeda
- ISIS executes Syrian fighter using anti-tank rocket launcher
- Zee Media Exclusive: Kangana, Madhavan talk about their film 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns'
- Woman robbed at gunpoint inside Hyderabad ATM
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with Congress leader Kamal Nath
- Columbia student takes rape-protest mattress to graduation
- Check Jharkhand Board jac.nic.in: Class 12th Art Results 2015 declared
- Fawad Khan doesn’t want intimate scenes with Sonam Kapoor?
- We hire only non-Muslim candidates, diamond export firm tells Muslim youth
- Is MSG in 'Maggi' noodles harmful for you?
- Mumbai firm booked for denying Muslim MBA graduate job on religious grounds, probe ordered
- Jayalalithaa makes public appearance, meets Governor: As it happened
- New IPL rules could see Chennai Super Kings lose MS Dhoni
- `Piku` hits jackpot, does Rs 100 crore business worldwide
- Anurag Kashyap to bid goodbye to India, settle in 'cinema-friendly' France!
- IPL 2015, Qualifier 2, Chennai Super Kings vs Royal Challengers Bangalore: Preview
- Geelani's passport application incomplete, cannot be processed: MEA
- CBSE Class X Results 2015 to be announced today?
- Lalu Yadav invites Jitan Ram Manjhi for joint fight against BJP, JD(U) upset
- Littering, defacement to be made punishable offence
- CBSE Class 10 Results 2015 may not be announced today