Nitish orders special action plan to deal cases of
Patna: Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar on Friday ordered an action plan for speeding up investigation into cases of alleged atrocities on Scheduled Caste and Scheduled Tribe people and expeditious disposal of the pending cases.
Kumar also ordered for setting up a special cell in SC & ST Welfare department for effective implementation of laws for the weaker sections.
The CM`s order came during a meeting with officials here, according to an official statement.
He also told officials to conduct a probe about people still carrying human waste on their head by an independent agency and rehabilitate the people found doing so.
Scheduled Caste constitutes around 15.7 percent of Bihar`s total population. The state ranks third among all states and Union Territories in terms of SC population.
National Schedule Castes Commission Chairman P L Punia during a visit here in mid-October had charged the NDA government in Bihar with ignoring welfare of the weaker sections by spending merely one to two per cent of the total budget meant for them.
Whereas it is duty bound to spend at least 16 per cent of the Rs 28,000 crore outlay for running schemes for welfare of SCs, Punia had said.
Kumar instructed that proper infrastructural facilities like vehicles, police force and other resources should be provided to SC & ST police stations for their efficient functioning.
He instructed that District Magistrates should regularly review cases against weaker sections.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Congress workers blow up pigeons by blasting them inside rockets
- Indian Army 5th deadliest in the world: Report
- Beef row: Lalu Prasad Yadav contradicts his statements
- Lalu Yadav's son Tejasvi Yadav wants to change the face of Bihar education
- Indrani Mukerjea attains consciousness; is now out of danger
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Modi must be punished, he has cheated people: Ram Jethmalani
- Parrikar hits out at Nawaz Sharif, says India doesn't need advice about troops in Siachen
- Prefer to ignore what Nawaz Sharif said at UN, says Manohar Parrikar
- Congressmen tie pigeon inside rocket to welcome their leader – A must watch for Rahul Gandhi