Nitish orders special campaign against power theft
Patna: Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar today ordered officials to launch an intensive campaign against electricity theft and to penalise the culprits.
The CM gave the order during a high level review meeting of the electricity board here, an official statement said.
The state which is power starved is losing a large amount of electricity due to theft and transmission losses.
The meeting also discussed the proposal to bifurcate into five companies. These include one holding company, transmission company, generation company and two distribution companies, the statement said quoting Chief Secretary A K Sinha.
The CS said the proposed bifurcation was aimed at bringing the transmission loss down from 40 per cent to 24 per cent in five years. Presently, the state government is providing an assistance of Rs 180 crore per month to Bihar State Electricity Board (BSEB) which comes to Rs 2160 crore annually.
After creation of separate companies, the state government would not be required to provide any financial assistance to BSEB.
Establishing separate companies would facilitate loan on easy terms for them besides paving way for there professional management, the statement added.
The CS said that division of BSEB into different companies would not affect interest of employees and pensioners.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- Pakistan cancels licenses of weapons issued to Hafiz Saeed and his aides
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- Reliance Jio Prime Membership at Rs 99: All you need to know about the plan
- 'Intolerance brigade' attacks Zee News' #FatehKaFatwa host Tarek Fateh - WATCH