Nitish pays respect at Harmandir Saheb
Patna: Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar on Friday visited Guru Harmandir Saheb to pay respect to Guru Govind Singh.
The Chief Minister said that the famous Sikh shrine in old Patna is revered all over the world.
"During my recent visit to Pakistan when I went to Dera Saheb Gurudwara to pay obeisance, the head of the place bowed before me. When I dissuaded him to do so, he said anybody coming from old Patna is very important for me because that place belongs to guru saheb," he recounted.
Kumar said over 50 lakh people from across the country have arrived at Patna on the occasion of 350th anniversary of guru saheb, according to an official statement here.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Two J&K MLAs clash over beef party issue in Legislative Assembly
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Bihar has to choose between 'jungle raj' and 'vikas Raj': Narendra Modi
- Shocking! Saudi employer chops off Indian maid's hands
- Salman Khan's songs: Best five!