Nitish pays respect at Harmandir Saheb
Patna: Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar on Friday visited Guru Harmandir Saheb to pay respect to Guru Govind Singh.
The Chief Minister said that the famous Sikh shrine in old Patna is revered all over the world.
"During my recent visit to Pakistan when I went to Dera Saheb Gurudwara to pay obeisance, the head of the place bowed before me. When I dissuaded him to do so, he said anybody coming from old Patna is very important for me because that place belongs to guru saheb," he recounted.
Kumar said over 50 lakh people from across the country have arrived at Patna on the occasion of 350th anniversary of guru saheb, according to an official statement here.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mann Ki Baat: PM Modi pays tribute to Kargil war martyrs
- Parade and hang Tiger, not Yakub: Salman Khan
- India to give fresh dossier to Pakistan on Lakhvi, Dawood, Hafiz
- Veterans serve country but do not get their due, says Anna Hazare
- Salman's controversial tweet on Yakub Memon a 'contempt of court'?
- PM Modi's 10th edition of 'Mann Ki Baat': As it happened
- Anna Hazare extends support to ex-servicemen over OROP protests
- Watch: Yuvraj Singh takes up Shoaib Malik's challenge, puts on his dancing shoes
- Mann ki Baat: Govt to provide cashless treatment to road accident victims, says PM Modi
- SC to resume hearing on Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's mercy plea on Tuesday