Nitish pays respect at Harmandir Saheb
Patna: Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar on Friday visited Guru Harmandir Saheb to pay respect to Guru Govind Singh.
The Chief Minister said that the famous Sikh shrine in old Patna is revered all over the world.
"During my recent visit to Pakistan when I went to Dera Saheb Gurudwara to pay obeisance, the head of the place bowed before me. When I dissuaded him to do so, he said anybody coming from old Patna is very important for me because that place belongs to guru saheb," he recounted.
Kumar said over 50 lakh people from across the country have arrived at Patna on the occasion of 350th anniversary of guru saheb, according to an official statement here.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- Watch: Chicago cop shoots a 17-year-old black man 16 times
- Army camp attacked in J&K's Kupwara; three JeM terrorists, one civilian killed
- WATCH: Rahul Gandhi asks 'Is Swachh Bharat working', Mount Carmel girls yell 'Yessss'
- Aamir Khan's 12-day mystery: From lauding Modi's 'positive India' to dubbing India as 'intolerant'