Nitish pays respect at Harmandir Saheb
Patna: Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar on Friday visited Guru Harmandir Saheb to pay respect to Guru Govind Singh.
The Chief Minister said that the famous Sikh shrine in old Patna is revered all over the world.
"During my recent visit to Pakistan when I went to Dera Saheb Gurudwara to pay obeisance, the head of the place bowed before me. When I dissuaded him to do so, he said anybody coming from old Patna is very important for me because that place belongs to guru saheb," he recounted.
Kumar said over 50 lakh people from across the country have arrived at Patna on the occasion of 350th anniversary of guru saheb, according to an official statement here.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena was Indrani’s daughter from her previous marriage, not sister
- How justified is the violence in Gujarat over quota row?-Part 2
- Gujarat quota stir: Exclusive interview with Hardik Patel
- DNA: Sheena Bora's murder case- Know how the mystery unfolded!
- Sheena Bora murder mystery: Eight questions which need to be answered
- I know why Indrani Mukherjea murdered my sister Sheena: Mikhail Bora
- Sheena Bora murder case: All that we know about Indrani Mukherjea
- Pregnant teen buried alive, wakes up in coffin
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukherjea's former husband, Sanjeev Khanna, arrested by Mumbai Police
- How Hardik Patel got offended when asked about Arvind Kejriwal