Nitish praises Modi-backer Singh
Patna: Notwithstanding his cabinet colleague`s acidic reaction to his veiled attack on Narendra Modi, Bihar chief minister Nitish Kumar on Tuesday showered praise on Giriraj Singh for his performance as Animal Husbandry minister.
"Singh rears goats at his residence and feeds guest with tea made out of these goats milk," Kumar said in his speech at 30th foundation day function of COMFED, state dairy cooperative.
"The minister propagates virtue of rearing goats to the people and I wil tell COMFED to take cue and promote rearing of goats," he said.
The chief minister`s praise of the minister surprised the audience as the minister, a die-hard supporter of Gujarat chief minister, had made a blistering attack on Kumar for remarks on Modi during JD(U) conclave.
Singh, who along with other leaders met the party chief Rajnath Singh in Delhi yesterday to convey protest against Kumar`s attack on Modi, had wondered how long BJP would bear attack on its leader and had also reportedly said that it was time to go for do or die battle with the coalition partner.
When reporters sought to know Singh`s reaction to the praise of Kumar, he said "I am a member of his cabinet. He felt good about my work and praised me."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- China condemns Pakistan over Uri terror attack
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- Congress workers thrash students for showing black flags to Rahul Gandhi in Raebareli
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- Onam Bumper Lottery/Kerala Thiruvonam Bumper-2016 BR-51 draw result declared - Here is the winning ticket number
- Uri attack: Israel ready to help India with cutting-edge technology to secure borders
- India's Rafale vs Pakistan's F-16: Why the French fighter jet is the best choice for dogfight
- MNS ultimatum to Pakistani actors: Leave India in 48-hour deadline
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31