Nitish prays for progress of Bihar on Eid
Patna: Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar on Friday visited several places to greet people on the occasion of Eid al-Fitr and prayed for the progress of the state.
At a prayer at the Gandhi Maidan here, the Chief Minister was given a skull cap which he wore and prayed for prosperity and growth and eradication of poverty in the state.
Later, he ate "sewai" with children and extended greetings to the people.
Chairman of Minority Commission Naushad Ahmad also accompanied him during the visit.
Kumar also visited Khanhaq Mujiabiya at Phulsharif and greeted Pir Saheb Sajjadanarsi Hajrat Maulana Sayyed Shah Hayatullah Kadri on the occasion.
The Chief Minister also paid a visit to Emarat-E-Shariah and met Amir-E-Shariat Hajrat Maulana Nezamuddin and Secretary Maulana Anisurahman Kasmi.
Eid is being celebrated with grace and fervour across the state.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India successfully test launches first ever indigenous space shuttle
- PM Modi to meet top Iranian leaders today
- Pakistan denounces US drone strike on Taliban chief Mullah Mansoor
- BJP's Roopa Ganguly attacked by Trinamool workers near Kolkata
- PM Modi in Tehran: India, Iran sign historic pact on Chabahar port
- French Open 2016: Andy Murray, Stan Wawrinka face Czech challenge in Paris
- Iraq PM announces start of operation to retake Fallujah
- Amnesty warns Yemen civilians face cluster bombs `minefields`
- KTM 1290 Super Duke R based Husqvarna 1301 spotted testing
- 17 girls dead in fire at school dormitory in Thailand