Nitish prays for progress of Bihar on Eid
Patna: Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar on Friday visited several places to greet people on the occasion of Eid al-Fitr and prayed for the progress of the state.
At a prayer at the Gandhi Maidan here, the Chief Minister was given a skull cap which he wore and prayed for prosperity and growth and eradication of poverty in the state.
Later, he ate "sewai" with children and extended greetings to the people.
Chairman of Minority Commission Naushad Ahmad also accompanied him during the visit.
Kumar also visited Khanhaq Mujiabiya at Phulsharif and greeted Pir Saheb Sajjadanarsi Hajrat Maulana Sayyed Shah Hayatullah Kadri on the occasion.
The Chief Minister also paid a visit to Emarat-E-Shariah and met Amir-E-Shariat Hajrat Maulana Nezamuddin and Secretary Maulana Anisurahman Kasmi.
Eid is being celebrated with grace and fervour across the state.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jawaharlal Nehru's Wikipedia page edited from govt IP address; Congress seeks PM Modi's reply
- Check JEE (Main) 2015 rank on www.jeemain.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in
- No liberal approach, mediation or compromise in rape cases: Supreme Court
- Lalitgate: Centre denies deal with Congress over Sushma Swaraj, Vasundhara Raje
- Lalitgate: BJP helping fugitives, law breakers; PM Modi doing 'Maun Yoga', alleges Congress