Nitish prays for progress of Bihar on Eid
Patna: Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar on Friday visited several places to greet people on the occasion of Eid al-Fitr and prayed for the progress of the state.
At a prayer at the Gandhi Maidan here, the Chief Minister was given a skull cap which he wore and prayed for prosperity and growth and eradication of poverty in the state.
Later, he ate "sewai" with children and extended greetings to the people.
Chairman of Minority Commission Naushad Ahmad also accompanied him during the visit.
Kumar also visited Khanhaq Mujiabiya at Phulsharif and greeted Pir Saheb Sajjadanarsi Hajrat Maulana Sayyed Shah Hayatullah Kadri on the occasion.
The Chief Minister also paid a visit to Emarat-E-Shariah and met Amir-E-Shariat Hajrat Maulana Nezamuddin and Secretary Maulana Anisurahman Kasmi.
Eid is being celebrated with grace and fervour across the state.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian youth severely addicted to toxic drugs
- Leonardo DiCaprio to speak about anti-beef movement at RSS meet in UK
- Bihar rape: Accused five persons still absconding, Police clueless
- UK's exit from EU: India prepared for all eventualities, says Shaktikanta Das
- Britain exits European Union, first country to leave 28-nation bloc
- Priyanka Chopra to sing LIVE at IIFA for the first time ever! – Details inside
- China Airlines workers on indefinite strike in Taiwan
- Pakistan shows its big heart, grants 91-year-old Indian's last wish - a trip to his ‘ancestral home’
- Find out what lies beneath your fingernails!
- It's not about size of role in Hollywood, but experience: Deepika Padukone