Nitish promises action against ex-minister`s attac
Patna: Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar on Monday condemned the attack on former minister and RJD leader Hind Keshari Yadav in Muzaffarpur district two days ago and promised stringent action against them.
"Strict action will be taken against those who attacked and injured Yadav while he was leading a procession demanding ban of sale of liquor in Muzaffarpur district," he said.
The police was also taking action against the illicit liquor mafia in the wake of death of seven people in the district due to consumption of spurious liquor, he added.
Meanwhile, the health condition of Yadav, who is recuperating at the Rajeshwar Hospital in Patna, has shown marked improvement, hospital sources said.
The former minister had sustained head injuries after being assaulted by goons allegedly at the behest of licence liquor vendors, Muzaffarpur`s district police chief Rajesh Kumar said adding that six persons have been arrested in this connection.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Bajirao Mastani' still galloping at box office, mints Rs 350 cr!
- India brought Afghanistan athletes in chartered flight: Pakistan envoy impressed with SAG 2016
- Divyansh Kakrora's death: Probe nails Ryan International School for glaring lapses; father alleges child was sodomised before murder
- PM Narendra Modi never disappoints his supporters, here's another example - see pic
- WATCH: When PM Modi took his supporters by surprise, came to meet them standing on car's side foot step