Nitish promises action against ex-minister`s attac
Patna: Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar on Monday condemned the attack on former minister and RJD leader Hind Keshari Yadav in Muzaffarpur district two days ago and promised stringent action against them.
"Strict action will be taken against those who attacked and injured Yadav while he was leading a procession demanding ban of sale of liquor in Muzaffarpur district," he said.
The police was also taking action against the illicit liquor mafia in the wake of death of seven people in the district due to consumption of spurious liquor, he added.
Meanwhile, the health condition of Yadav, who is recuperating at the Rajeshwar Hospital in Patna, has shown marked improvement, hospital sources said.
The former minister had sustained head injuries after being assaulted by goons allegedly at the behest of licence liquor vendors, Muzaffarpur`s district police chief Rajesh Kumar said adding that six persons have been arrested in this connection.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video