Nitish promises action against ex-minister`s attac
Patna: Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar on Monday condemned the attack on former minister and RJD leader Hind Keshari Yadav in Muzaffarpur district two days ago and promised stringent action against them.
"Strict action will be taken against those who attacked and injured Yadav while he was leading a procession demanding ban of sale of liquor in Muzaffarpur district," he said.
The police was also taking action against the illicit liquor mafia in the wake of death of seven people in the district due to consumption of spurious liquor, he added.
Meanwhile, the health condition of Yadav, who is recuperating at the Rajeshwar Hospital in Patna, has shown marked improvement, hospital sources said.
The former minister had sustained head injuries after being assaulted by goons allegedly at the behest of licence liquor vendors, Muzaffarpur`s district police chief Rajesh Kumar said adding that six persons have been arrested in this connection.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jharkhand: 2 dead, several injured in clashes between police, villagers in Ramgarh
- Delhi minister meets Jain monk over Vishal Dadlani tweet controversy
- One killed in annual bull racing in Peru
- 16-year-old Indian-origin boy finds cure for breast cancer treatment
- Heartbreaking! Denied medical help, 12-year-old UP boy dies on dad's shoulder
- ChampOne C1 at Rs 501: Know how to register; flash sale starts on Friday
- Philippines stops issuing haj passports to Muslim pilgrims
- Strong typhoon Lionrock heads for Japan's northeast
- RIP Gene Wilder: Celebs mourns loss of 'funniest and sweetest energies ever'
- RSS turning temples into storehouses of arms: Kerala minister