Nitish promises action against ex-minister`s attac
Patna: Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar on Monday condemned the attack on former minister and RJD leader Hind Keshari Yadav in Muzaffarpur district two days ago and promised stringent action against them.
"Strict action will be taken against those who attacked and injured Yadav while he was leading a procession demanding ban of sale of liquor in Muzaffarpur district," he said.
The police was also taking action against the illicit liquor mafia in the wake of death of seven people in the district due to consumption of spurious liquor, he added.
Meanwhile, the health condition of Yadav, who is recuperating at the Rajeshwar Hospital in Patna, has shown marked improvement, hospital sources said.
The former minister had sustained head injuries after being assaulted by goons allegedly at the behest of licence liquor vendors, Muzaffarpur`s district police chief Rajesh Kumar said adding that six persons have been arrested in this connection.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Two J&K MLAs clash over beef party issue in Legislative Assembly
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Bihar has to choose between 'jungle raj' and 'vikas Raj': Narendra Modi
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Shocking! Saudi employer chops off Indian maid's hands