Nitish promises action against ex-minister`s attac
Patna: Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar on Monday condemned the attack on former minister and RJD leader Hind Keshari Yadav in Muzaffarpur district two days ago and promised stringent action against them.
"Strict action will be taken against those who attacked and injured Yadav while he was leading a procession demanding ban of sale of liquor in Muzaffarpur district," he said.
The police was also taking action against the illicit liquor mafia in the wake of death of seven people in the district due to consumption of spurious liquor, he added.
Meanwhile, the health condition of Yadav, who is recuperating at the Rajeshwar Hospital in Patna, has shown marked improvement, hospital sources said.
The former minister had sustained head injuries after being assaulted by goons allegedly at the behest of licence liquor vendors, Muzaffarpur`s district police chief Rajesh Kumar said adding that six persons have been arrested in this connection.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena murder: Trio to be taken to Raigad to re-construct crime scene
- Mikhail emailed sister Sheena Bora's resignation letter: Report
- Raksha Bandhan: Sushma Swaraj ties Rakhi to Venkaiah Naidu
- DNA: 1965 Indo-Pak war- Analysis of India's victory and exposing Pakistan's lies
- Shiv Sena announces award of 2 lakh for Hindu families with 5 kids
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- Women's hockey team seals Olympic spot after 36 years, creates history on Dhyan Chand's birthday
- Dawood, Hafiz Saeed to be in fix as US, India may join hands to nab them
- Sushma Swaraj ties rakhi to M Venkaiah Naidu
- Indrani Mukerjea's son Mikhail emailed Sheena Bora's resignation letter