Nitish raps railway for delay in completion of rail bridges
Patna: Chief Minister Nitish Kumar on Monday criticised the Railway ministry for slow pace of construction of the rail bridges in Bihar and wondered as where all the profits of the Railways has gone.
"Where has all the profits of the Railways gone? he asked at a function to mark the foundation day of the Bihar State Bridge Construction Corporation (BSBCC).
There has been inordinate delay in construction of the rail bridges in Bihar which were sanctioned during the NDA rule, Kumar, a former Railway minister himself, said referring to the under-construction rail bridges at Mokama and Bakhtiyarpur on the river Ganga.
The state government has sanctioned its share of the cost of the bridges, but the Railways was not coming forth with its share, he said and expressed surprise at the whereabouts of the profit that he had left behind as Railway minister.
He criticized the Centre for ignoring the dilapidated condition of the Mahatma Gandhi bridge on the river Ganga connection the southern and northern districts of Bihar and said that the latter rejected various proposed submitted by the state government for repair of the bridge.
Referring to the violence and arson by the Ranvir Sena activists in the wake of the murder of the sena chief Brahmeshwar Singh in Bhojpur district on June one, the Chief Minister disapproved of the unlawful actions taken by some people to create fissures in the society.
"I have tried my best to bridge the socio-economic divide among the people and it will not be fair on the part of some people to create obstacles in his endeavour to maintain social amity and communal harmony," Kumar said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- Watch: Tracing the journey of late Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa from films to politics
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition extremely grave
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest