Nitish raps railway for delay in completion of rail bridges
Patna: Chief Minister Nitish Kumar on Monday criticised the Railway ministry for slow pace of construction of the rail bridges in Bihar and wondered as where all the profits of the Railways has gone.
"Where has all the profits of the Railways gone? he asked at a function to mark the foundation day of the Bihar State Bridge Construction Corporation (BSBCC).
There has been inordinate delay in construction of the rail bridges in Bihar which were sanctioned during the NDA rule, Kumar, a former Railway minister himself, said referring to the under-construction rail bridges at Mokama and Bakhtiyarpur on the river Ganga.
The state government has sanctioned its share of the cost of the bridges, but the Railways was not coming forth with its share, he said and expressed surprise at the whereabouts of the profit that he had left behind as Railway minister.
He criticized the Centre for ignoring the dilapidated condition of the Mahatma Gandhi bridge on the river Ganga connection the southern and northern districts of Bihar and said that the latter rejected various proposed submitted by the state government for repair of the bridge.
Referring to the violence and arson by the Ranvir Sena activists in the wake of the murder of the sena chief Brahmeshwar Singh in Bhojpur district on June one, the Chief Minister disapproved of the unlawful actions taken by some people to create fissures in the society.
"I have tried my best to bridge the socio-economic divide among the people and it will not be fair on the part of some people to create obstacles in his endeavour to maintain social amity and communal harmony," Kumar said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- What Hindu saints think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- DNA: Analysing the 'no first use' nuclear policy of India
- Amit Shah addresses BJP's mega convention in Delhi
- Is this for real: Ajinkya Rahane bizarre shot went for six, concerned Virat Kohli settles with smile — WATCH
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- WATCH: Tom Latham takes IMPOSSIBLE catch to dismiss Faf du Plessis
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Kapil Sharma-Sunil Grover fight: Will it be a shutdown for 'The Kapil Sharma Show'?