Nitish report card bundle of lies: Tariq Anwar
Patna: NCP general secretary Tariq Anwar
today trashed the report card of four-and-half year NDA
government presented by Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar and
called the report card a `bundle of lies`.
``NDA government has relied on statistical jugglery and
political chicanery and media manipulations to tell the people
of Bihar as well as the country and beat the drum that the
state is developing,`` he told reporters here.
There was nothing new in the report card, released on
July 9, ``except for being a compilation of Nitish Kumar`s
photos showing him inaugurating schemes for which the Centre
had earmarked the funds,`` he said.
The state government has failed on fronts and while
claiming to usher in an era of `sushashan` (good governance)
has failed to deliver.
The NDA would be voted out in the assembly polls slated
later this year for making false promises to the people, Anwar
Describing Kumar`s report card as `old wine in new
bottle` Anwar said the during the NDA regime kidnapping for
ransom, murder, rape and atrocities against Dalits and Naxal
activities had increased manifold contrary to the rosy picture
The NCP leader charged the Nitish Kumar government with
not properly utilising the central funds and launching schemes
in the name of the chief minister using central funds.
He also charged Kumar with playing into the hands of
the RSS and alleged that several ministers including Deputy
Chief Minister Sushil Kumar Modi, Ashwini Kumar Choubey,
Giriaraj Singh , Nand Kishrore Yadav and others of having RSS
``The minorities cannot expect much from Kumar who is
sitting in the lap of the RSS and the BJP,`` he said adding
his party would contest the assembly poll on its own strength.
NCP might, however, enter into electoral alliance with
secular parties to keep the NDA from returning to power but
not with either RJD and NCP, Anwar.
- NHRC issues notice to Rajasthan government over death of 11 children in home
- Delhi: 10-year-old boy dies due to overdose of Vitamin D
- Haryana: Groom injured in celebratory firing at wedding in Hissar
- Phase V of West Bengal Assembly polls starts today
- Discussion over Mamata Banerjee's close aide Firhad Hakim's 'mini Pakistan' comment
- UN council discusses move to enforce North Korea sanctions
- Norway helicopter crash: All 13 people on board dead, 11 bodies recovered
- Britain`s queen joins royal Invictus Games challenge to Obamas -Watch video
- Kerala Assembly Elections 2016: VS Achuthanandan’s one line speech stuns CPM workers
- Actor-politician Shatrughan Sinha says he would be happy to promote Bihar as its brand ambassador