Nitish resents Congress proposal on Muslim quota
Patna: Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar
Thursday expressed strong resentment to the proposal of giving
underprivileged Muslims reservation under the Other Backward
Classes (OBC) category.
"The proposal is aimed at hoodwinking and cheating the
people", Kumar told reporters before resuming his Seva Yatra
to Purnia district.
"Whenever Congress comes to power it brings a policy of
division as it has the tendency to follow the path of divide
and rule," he said.
The Chief Minister said he would honour any move to
bring an amendment to the Constitution for raising the limit
of quota to accommodate the backward Muslim community.
Even the Sachchar Commission and Ranganath Mishra
Commission had in their reports spoke at length about
backwardness of Muslims, he said.
To another question on ensuing Uttar Pradesh Assembly
polls, Kumar said there was no alliance between JD(U) and
BJP in that state.
It was not necessary that an alliance was firmed up in
every state, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Afzal Guru row: JNU Students' Union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested
- Missing girl from Ghaziabad, Dipti Sarna returns; reunited with family
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU - Part II
- DNA: Gravitational waves detected, proving Einstein right!
- Kumar Vishwas' birthday bash: Ajit Doval, BJP and RSS leaders attend; Arvind Kejriwal missing
- Afzal Guru row: JNU students union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested by Delhi Police
- Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna reaches home, police and family remain tight-lipped over her recovery
- Was abducted, blindfolded for four hours; Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna narrates her ordeal
- Fitoor movie review: Tabu overpowers, Katrina Kaif, Aditya Roy Kapur leave a lasting impact!