Nitish reviews atrocities against SC/STs in Bihar
Patna: Chief Minister Nitish Kumar on Friday directed for time-bound compilation of injury report to check incidents of atrocities against the SC/ST people in Bihar as well to ensure expeditious probe in such matters.
Presiding over a state-level vigilance and monitoring committee under the Scheduled Castes and Tribes (Prevention of Atrocities) Act, 1989 and Rules 1995, the Chief Minister directed the officials to compile injury report in a time-bound manner in cases of atrocities against the SC/SCs, according to Principal Secretary (SC/ST Welfare) K P Ramaiah.
Stating that compilation of the injury report was necessary to contain atrocities against the SC/ST people as it helped in investigation of such cases, Kumar asked the senior officials to start departmental proceedings against those employees failing to compile the report on time, he said.
The Chief Minister directed Chief Secretary A K Sinha to frame a guideline for preparation of injury report in cases of atrocities on SC/ST people within a stipulated time and a high-level committee comprising the DGP and the principal secretaries of Health and SC/ST Welfare departments, IG (Weaker Sections) among others to monitor progress in investigation in such cases, Ramaiah said.
Kumar further directed for review of pension and compensation to ensure timely payment of such benefits to the victims of atrocities under the SC/ST Prevention of Atrocities Act, 1989, he said.
The Chief Minister asked for framing of rules for recruitment on 38 posts - one in each district - for monitoring and assessment of atrocities cases against SC/ST people, in addition to preparation of a schedule to assess the capabilities of special public prosecutors to bring cases of atrocities against the weaker sections to a logical conclusion in an expeditious manner, he added.
A schedule would also be prepared for regular meeting of the vigilance and monitoring committee at the district level to review atrocities against the SC/STs, Ramaiah said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- IAF Mirage fighter plane lands on Yamuna Expressway!
- 'Maggi' under regulatory scanner for excess amount of lead, MSG
- Watch: Michelle Obama's 'Gimme Five' fitness video
- When Subramanian Swamy shocked people at a wedding!
- Mumbaikars join hands to save Pakistani teen with rare illness
- DNA: Analysis of Hurriyat chief Syed Geelani's passport issue
- DNA: Analysis of traffic system of Vancouver, Canada
- Mumbai: Diamond export company denies job to Muslim youth
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 21, 2015
- Mirage 2000 fighter jet landing was part of capability demonstration: IAF
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- DNA: Osama documents show 'Indian brother in Madinah' financed al Qaeda
- PM Modi's key campaign team member may join Nitish Kumar
- PM Modi speaks at Golden Jubilee celebrations of poet Dinkar’s works
- Woman robbed at gunpoint inside Hyderabad ATM
- RBSE (rajresults.nic.in) Class 12th science and commerce results 2015: Rajasthan Board Class 12th XII exam results 2015 expected to be announced on May 21
- RBSE (rajresults.nic.in) Class 12th science and commerce results 2015: Rajasthan Board Class 12th XII exam results 2015 to be announced today at 4 PM
- CBSE Class 10 Results 2015 to be announced today?
- JAC 12th Inter Arts Result 2015: JAC 12th Inter Arts Result 2015 (jharkhandeducation.net) likely to be announced on Thursday May 21 at 1 PM
- IAF jet lands on Yamuna expressway
- Check Jharkhand Board jac.nic.in: Class 12th Art Results 2015 declared
- Log on to apeamcet.org AP EAMCET Results 2015: Andhra Pradesh EAMCET Marks and AP EAMCET Ranks 2015 declared
- Andhra Pradesh EAMCET results 2015: Andhra Pradesh EAMCET results to be announced on May 21 at www.apeamcet.org
- Fawad Khan doesn’t want intimate scenes with Sonam Kapoor?
- We hire only non-Muslim candidates, diamond export firm tells Muslim youth
- Is MSG in 'Maggi' noodles harmful for you?
- DHSE (dhsekerala.gov.in) 12th Result 2015: Kerala DHSE Class 12th XII exam results 2015 to be announced on May 21
- Mumbai firm booked for denying Muslim MBA graduate job on religious grounds, probe ordered
- SSLC (tnresults.nic.in) Tenth 10th Results 2015: Tamil Nadu Board Class 10th X Higher Secondary exam results 2015 to be declared on May 21
- 'IAS officer DK Ravi possibly committed suicide, suffered big loss in real estate business'