Nitish ridicules oppn demand for CBI probe
Patna: Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar on Monday ridiculed Opposition demand for a CBI probe into the CAG report saying it had become a fashion to do so.
``The Opposition prepares the statement (demanding CBI inquiry) even before the CAG report comes,`` he said adding the process of CAG report on withdrawals from state exchequers is a constitutional arrangement.
He took a dig at RJD chief Lalu Prasad for demanding a CBI probe into alleged non-submission of detailed contingent(DC) bills of over Rs 22000 crore. "Laluji appears to have become a supporter of the CBI these days."
Opposition RJD-LJP has demanded CBI probe into non-reconciliation of AC (abstract contingent) and DC (detailed contingent) bills worth RS 22,575.37 crore as reported by CAG for the period ending March 31, 2011.
The chief minister said the state government had taken action after review of the CAG report by the PAC.
"We had earlier ensured passing of excess expenditure as well," he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- Is Akhilesh Yadav seeking votes based on development made by Modi govt?
- UP polls: Polling for fifth phase of Assembly elections today
- UP polls: PM Modi addresses public rally in Mau
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Gurmehar Kaur reacts to Virender Sehwag's tweet, says she is heart broken!
- WATCH: MS Dhoni rips apart bowlers to smash brilliant 129-run knock in Vijay Hazare Trophy