Nitish satisfied with plan assistance, to pursue special status
Patna: Expressing dissatisfaction over Rs 12,000 crore assistance likely to be allotted to Bihar during the 12th plan under Backward Region Grant Fund (BRGF), Chief Minister Nitish Kumar on Monday said he would continue to strive for special status for the state.
"I am aware that a cabinet note has been prepared for approval by the Union Cabinet about making a provision for Rs 12,000 crore assistance to Bihar under BRGF during the 12th plan," he told reporters here.
"Although we had demanded Rs 20,000 crore assistance under BRGF under the 12th plan and submitted a host of schemes for implementation with these funds like setting up high schools in each panchayat, dedicated feeder for agriculture and irrigation and roads for all habitats with 250 people, I am dissatisfied with likely sanction of Rs 12,000 crore assistance," he said.
He clarified that the special assistance was not related to the special status demand, which he will continue to pursue.
The BRGF fund, though satisfactory, was not a `favour` being doled out to the state as there is provision under Bihar State Reorganization Act for compensation for losses arising out of bifurcation and to provide additional fund to tide over backwardness. Accordingly the Centre had given Rs 1000 crore annual assistance for execution of various schemes, which were still to be completed, he said.
The chief minister said the Centre had unilaterally decided to withdraw two CRPF battalions from Bihar and would have no impact on security in the state. Alternative arrangement was being made like deployment of STF, armed police and other specialized units of Bihar police in its place.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- Air India lodges FIR against Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad for assaulting staffer
- What Hindu saints think about Ram Mandir issue?
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- Know how to link your PAN card with Aadhaar card – Here is the step by step explanation
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Yogi Adityanath meets gang-rape survivor, who was forced to drink acid, at Lucknow hospital; two arrested