Nitish satisfied with plan assistance, to pursue special status
Patna: Expressing dissatisfaction over Rs 12,000 crore assistance likely to be allotted to Bihar during the 12th plan under Backward Region Grant Fund (BRGF), Chief Minister Nitish Kumar on Monday said he would continue to strive for special status for the state.
"I am aware that a cabinet note has been prepared for approval by the Union Cabinet about making a provision for Rs 12,000 crore assistance to Bihar under BRGF during the 12th plan," he told reporters here.
"Although we had demanded Rs 20,000 crore assistance under BRGF under the 12th plan and submitted a host of schemes for implementation with these funds like setting up high schools in each panchayat, dedicated feeder for agriculture and irrigation and roads for all habitats with 250 people, I am dissatisfied with likely sanction of Rs 12,000 crore assistance," he said.
He clarified that the special assistance was not related to the special status demand, which he will continue to pursue.
The BRGF fund, though satisfactory, was not a `favour` being doled out to the state as there is provision under Bihar State Reorganization Act for compensation for losses arising out of bifurcation and to provide additional fund to tide over backwardness. Accordingly the Centre had given Rs 1000 crore annual assistance for execution of various schemes, which were still to be completed, he said.
The chief minister said the Centre had unilaterally decided to withdraw two CRPF battalions from Bihar and would have no impact on security in the state. Alternative arrangement was being made like deployment of STF, armed police and other specialized units of Bihar police in its place.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- IAF Mirage fighter plane lands on Yamuna Expressway!
- 'Maggi' under regulatory scanner for excess amount of lead, MSG
- Watch: Michelle Obama's 'Gimme Five' fitness video
- When Subramanian Swamy shocked people at a wedding!
- Mumbaikars join hands to save Pakistani teen with rare illness
- Mumbai: Diamond export company denies job to Muslim youth
- PM Modi speaks at Golden Jubilee celebrations of poet Dinkar’s works
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 21, 2015
- Mirage 2000 fighter jet landing was part of capability demonstration: IAF
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- DNA: Osama documents show 'Indian brother in Madinah' financed al Qaeda
- Coal scam: Naveen Jindal, Madhu Koda and others get bail
- Vadodara: Policemen seen dancing with bar girls
- One year of Modi govt: Arun Jaitley addresses press conference
- ISIS executes Syrian fighter using anti-tank rocket launcher
- CBSE Class 10 Results 2015 to be announced today?
- IAF jet lands on Yamuna expressway
- Check Jharkhand Board jac.nic.in: Class 12th Art Results 2015 declared
- Fawad Khan doesn’t want intimate scenes with Sonam Kapoor?
- Log on to apeamcet.org AP EAMCET Results 2015: Andhra Pradesh EAMCET Marks and AP EAMCET Ranks 2015 declared
- We hire only non-Muslim candidates, diamond export firm tells Muslim youth
- Is MSG in 'Maggi' noodles harmful for you?
- Mumbai firm booked for denying Muslim MBA graduate job on religious grounds, probe ordered
- New IPL rules could see Chennai Super Kings lose MS Dhoni
- Jayalalithaa makes public appearance, meets Governor: As it happened
- `Piku` hits jackpot, does Rs 100 crore business worldwide
- Anurag Kashyap to bid goodbye to India, settle in 'cinema-friendly' France!
- SSLC (tnresults.nic.in) Tenth 10th Results 2015: Tamil Nadu Board Class 10th X Higher Secondary exam results 2015 to be announced shortly
- IPL 2015, Qualifier 2, Chennai Super Kings vs Royal Challengers Bangalore: Preview
- Geelani's passport application incomplete, cannot be processed: MEA