Nitish says Biharis have rejected BJP`s Asthi-Kalash Yatra-type politics
Patna: Reacting to Bharatiya Janata Party`s (BJP) Asthi-Kalash Yatra for Patna blast victims, state Chief Minister Nitish Kumar on Friday said that the saffron outfit can do whatever they want, but the people of Bihar have rejected such politics, and they will stay united to maintain communal harmony in the region.
"BJP can do whatever it wants. Bihar is a land of harmony. They will try to disturb the communal harmony, and we know it. And we have been seeing this in the past few months," he said.
"But people of Bihar will stay united to protect the communal harmony, and take this state forward. But people feel somehow they can do politics by disturbing the communal harmony. People of Bihar have completely rejected politics of such kind," he added.
Earlier on Thursday, BJP`s Bihar unit decided to take out Asthi-Kalash Yatra for Patna serial blast victims.
Six people were killed and 83 injured in the low intensity blasts that rocked Patna between 9.30 am and 12.45 pm on October 27 shortly before Modi`s address to a ` Hunkar rally` in Gandhi Maidan.
Four people have been arrested in the case so far, while several others have been detained.
Earlier in the day, one of the main accused in the Patna serial blasts has died of his injuries.
The accused, who was injured in the Patna blasts, breathed his last at the city`s Indira Gandhi Medical Institute where he had been in a comatose position for the last five days.
Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar had earlier on Wednesday said that the National Investigation Agency (NIA) has been asked to assist his state police to probe the Patna serial blasts.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Man beheads wife; roams on streets with severed head in Pune
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- I believe this election will punish the old govts that spoiled Bihar, says PM Modi
- Baba Ramdev's Patanjali enters big retail with Future Group tie-up
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Why CBI is worried about Indian men’s lust for violent porn
- Bihar Assembly Elections: Opinion poll predicts absolute majority for Modi-led NDA
- What's happening in Noida! Now, a Dalit family resorts to nude protest
- Mother Teresa’s Missionaries of Charity orphanages to be derecognised?