Nitish says Biharis have rejected BJP`s Asthi-Kalash Yatra-type politics
Patna: Reacting to Bharatiya Janata Party`s (BJP) Asthi-Kalash Yatra for Patna blast victims, state Chief Minister Nitish Kumar on Friday said that the saffron outfit can do whatever they want, but the people of Bihar have rejected such politics, and they will stay united to maintain communal harmony in the region.
"BJP can do whatever it wants. Bihar is a land of harmony. They will try to disturb the communal harmony, and we know it. And we have been seeing this in the past few months," he said.
"But people of Bihar will stay united to protect the communal harmony, and take this state forward. But people feel somehow they can do politics by disturbing the communal harmony. People of Bihar have completely rejected politics of such kind," he added.
Earlier on Thursday, BJP`s Bihar unit decided to take out Asthi-Kalash Yatra for Patna serial blast victims.
Six people were killed and 83 injured in the low intensity blasts that rocked Patna between 9.30 am and 12.45 pm on October 27 shortly before Modi`s address to a ` Hunkar rally` in Gandhi Maidan.
Four people have been arrested in the case so far, while several others have been detained.
Earlier in the day, one of the main accused in the Patna serial blasts has died of his injuries.
The accused, who was injured in the Patna blasts, breathed his last at the city`s Indira Gandhi Medical Institute where he had been in a comatose position for the last five days.
Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar had earlier on Wednesday said that the National Investigation Agency (NIA) has been asked to assist his state police to probe the Patna serial blasts.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- IAF Mirage fighter plane lands on Yamuna Expressway!
- Kejriwal accuses Centre of trying to rule Delhi through LG
- 'Maggi' under regulatory scanner for excess amount of lead, MSG
- Watch: Michelle Obama's 'Gimme Five' fitness video
- Expect that Rahul will be Congress president in 2015: Jairam Ramesh
- When Subramanian Swamy shocked people at a wedding!
- Mumbaikars join hands to save Pakistani teen with rare illness
- DNA: Analysis of Hurriyat chief Syed Geelani's passport issue
- DNA: Analysis of traffic system of Vancouver, Canada
- Mumbai: Diamond export company denies job to Muslim youth
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 21, 2015
- Mirage 2000 fighter jet landing was part of capability demonstration: IAF
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- DNA: Osama documents show 'Indian brother in Madinah' financed al Qaeda
- Amethi: Rahul Gandhi faces protests from angry villagers
- RBSE (rajresults.nic.in) Class 12th science and commerce results 2015: Rajasthan Board Class 12th XII exam results 2015 expected to be announced on May 21
- RBSE (rajresults.nic.in) Class 12th science and commerce results 2015: Rajasthan Board Class 12th XII exam results 2015 to be announced today at 4 PM
- JAC 12th Inter Arts Result 2015: JAC 12th Inter Arts Result 2015 (jharkhandeducation.net) likely to be announced on Thursday May 21 at 1 PM
- CBSE Class 10 Results 2015 to be announced today?
- IAF jet lands on Yamuna expressway
- Check Jharkhand Board jac.nic.in: Class 12th Art Results 2015 declared
- Andhra Pradesh EAMCET results 2015: Andhra Pradesh EAMCET results to be announced on May 21 at www.apeamcet.org
- Log on to apeamcet.org AP EAMCET Results 2015: Andhra Pradesh EAMCET Marks and AP EAMCET Ranks 2015 declared
- Fawad Khan doesn’t want intimate scenes with Sonam Kapoor?
- IPL 2015: Rajasthan Royals vs Royal Challengers Bangalore - As it happened...
- DHSE (dhsekerala.gov.in) 12th Result 2015: Kerala DHSE Class 12th XII exam results 2015 to be announced on May 21
- We hire only non-Muslim candidates, diamond export firm tells Muslim youth
- Is MSG in 'Maggi' noodles harmful for you?
- SSLC (tnresults.nic.in) Tenth 10th Results 2015: Tamil Nadu Board Class 10th X Higher Secondary exam results 2015 to be declared on May 21
- 'IAS officer DK Ravi possibly committed suicide, suffered big loss in real estate business'