Nitish says it is Modi`s view on `PM material` comments
Patna: Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar on Monday thanked his deputy Sushil Kumar Modi for praising him as "prime minister material" in an interview to a leading English daily.
"It is his assessment. Though my understanding (about my strength and qualities) is different. I have already clarified my views on the issue. There is nothing that I should comment about," Kumar told reporters here.
"Modi has been a good friend and colleague and I thank him for praising me," Kumar said.
State unit JD(U) president Vashisth Narayan Singh told a news agency, "I must thank Modi for praising Nitish even though he has time and against clarified that he is not in the race to be projected as the NDA`s prime ministerial candidate."
BJP leaders, however, sought to steer clear of controversy with Road Construction Minister Nand Kishore Yadav and health minister Ashwani Kumar Chaube evading questions by reporters.
In an interview to an national English daily, Modi had described Kumar as "prime ministerial material" and said he would play an important role in the 2014 general elections.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- Triple talaq, polygamy integral part of Islam: AIMPLB tells SC
- Etawah: UP cops caught drunk while on duty
- Triple Talaq: Why AIMPLB are opposing the petitions filed in Supreme Court?
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Chinese national insults Indian flag, throws it in dustbin outside Noida Oppo office; massive protest takes place
- Left to die on road, pregnant Lucknow woman writes to PM Narendra Modi to end 'triple talaq', says 'I voted for BJP'
- Here's why Donald Trump called PM Narendra Modi
- Gautam Gambhir gives Aussies perfect send-off, says true champions let their game do all the talking!