Nitish says it is Modi`s view on `PM material` comments
Patna: Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar on Monday thanked his deputy Sushil Kumar Modi for praising him as "prime minister material" in an interview to a leading English daily.
"It is his assessment. Though my understanding (about my strength and qualities) is different. I have already clarified my views on the issue. There is nothing that I should comment about," Kumar told reporters here.
"Modi has been a good friend and colleague and I thank him for praising me," Kumar said.
State unit JD(U) president Vashisth Narayan Singh told a news agency, "I must thank Modi for praising Nitish even though he has time and against clarified that he is not in the race to be projected as the NDA`s prime ministerial candidate."
BJP leaders, however, sought to steer clear of controversy with Road Construction Minister Nand Kishore Yadav and health minister Ashwani Kumar Chaube evading questions by reporters.
In an interview to an national English daily, Modi had described Kumar as "prime ministerial material" and said he would play an important role in the 2014 general elections.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- Read letters by Ratan Tata to PM Narendra Modi and Group employees after Cyrus Mistry's ouster
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire