Nitish seeks allocation of 15% from Barh Stage I, II
Patna: Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar has urged the Centre to allocate 15 per cent of unallocated power from the under-construction Barh Stage I and II super thermal power stations to enable Bihar to tide over its acute power shortage.
In a letter written to Union power minister Sushil Kumar Shinde yesterday, he urged him to allocate 15 per cent unallocated power from both Stage I (3X660) and II (2X660MW) of Barh STPS for the time being on a priority basis to meet the state`s increasing power demand.
Kumar also thanked Shinde for allocation of 523 MW from Stage I and 660 MW from the Stage II of the Barh STPS and said that the allocation will go a long way in improving availability of power in Bihar.
The Union Power Ministry had written a letter to the state government on July three last apprising it of its decision to allocate 523 MW and 660 MW from the Stage I and II STPS respectively in reply to a persistent demand from the chief minister for allocation of 50 per cent power from these two located in Bihar.
Nitish at the same time expressed disappointment with the Centre for allocating only 26.42 per cent power from the two STPs against his demand for 50 per cent.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bird flu grips nation, Delhi worst affected
- DNA: Exclusive report on the extreme sacrifices made by ITBP soldiers
- I pay my tribute to martyr Naresh Pal: PM Narendra Modi
- How will the rift in Samajwadi Party affect UP politics?
- Some people are creating confusion between me and my father: Akhilesh Yadav
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire
- Read letters by Ratan Tata to PM Narendra Modi and Group employees after Cyrus Mistry's ouster
- 7th Pay Commission: Committee on Allowances proposes hike in HRA for central govt employees