Nitish seeks Lalu`s help to bail out JD(U) nominees in RS bypoll
Patna: JD(U) leader Nitish Kumar on Saturday appealed to arch rival Lalu Prasad, besides Congress and CPI for support to ensure victory of party candidates in the bypoll for two Rajya Sabha seats in Bihar on June 19.
"BJP is the main conspirator in the RS bypoll (for supporting rebellion within JD-U and backing two Independents). It wants to destabilise the Jitan Ram Manjhi government and thrust an early election in Bihar," Kumar said.
"I have talked to Lalu Prasad, Congress state chief Ashok Choudhary, its legislature party leader Sadanand Singh and CPI secretary Rajendra Singh seeking their support for victory of two JD(U) candidates in the bypoll to the Rajya Sabha in Bihar," Kumar told reporters at the JD(U) headquarters here.
Asked whether his appeal to Prasad arose from political compulsion, Kumar said, "No, it is because of the prevailing political circumstances as we have to fight a common enemy in BJP which is mocking us."
Senior BJP leader Sushil Kumar Modi, however, ridiculed Kumar for `begging` his arch rival Prasad against whom he fought for past two decades for victory of his candidates in the RS by-poll.
"BJP has no interest to destabilise the Jitan Ram Manjhi government which is being remote-controlled by Nitish Kumar. He has set his house on fire and blaming BJP for it," he told reporters.
"The truth is that he is an expert in engineering defection in other parties. He fomented dissension within RJD resulting in defection of 13 MLAs and ultimately asking three of them to resign from Assembly to bring down the strength of the House," he alleged.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling