Nitish seeks Montek`s intervention
Patna: Seeking to fast track the execution of various power projects in Bihar, Chief Minister Nitish Kumar has urged Planning Commission to facilitate early coal linkage/coal blocks in the state.
In a letter to the Planning Commission Deputy Chairman Montek Singh Ahluwalia yesterday, Kumar drew his attention towards coal requirement for the eight proposed thermal power plants in Bihar and called for his intervention.
The letter has come in the wake of Prime Minister Manmohan Singh`s speech during the National Development Council (NDC) meeting in New Delhi on December 27 where the latter had asked the states to write to the plan panel regarding pending coal linkages for thermal power projects.
The chief minister also apprised Ahluwalia of state government`s efforts to effect capacity addition in the existing thermal power stations and to develop green field projects to meet increasing power requirement in the state.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ban on internet porn: Here's why it is impossible
- 'Bajrangi Bhaijaan' impact: Govt agrees to help deaf-and-dumb Indian girl stranded in Pakistan
- Personality check: What is the colour of your eyes?
- Govt blocks over 800 porn websites – complete list
- Govt reviews porn ban order, blocks only child pornography-related websites