Nitish seeks Rs 24000 crore for Bihar
Patna: Chief Minister Nitish Kumar
On Sunday urged Planning Commission to allocate Rs 24000 crore as
the annual plan size for Bihar for 2011-12.
At a meeting with Planning Commission member Narendra
Jadhav, he also demanded a grant of Rs 3145 crore for Bihar
from the Backward Region Grant Fund. official sources said.
The Centre, he said, should consider giving more
freedom to the state government for utilization of allocation
from the Planning Commission to ensure effective
implementation of various schemes and development projects as
per local requirements.
The Centre should set up an independent commission to
identify the number of people under BPL in Bihar and
emphasized on cash payment to the beneficiaries instead of
foodgrains, the sources said.
Jadhav appreciated the development works being
undertaken by the state government said the Commission would
sympathetically consider the requirements, the sources added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Maysore Maharaja Yaduveer ties knot with princess Trishika of Dungarpur
- India becomes full member of Missile Technology Control Regime
- Singapore Airlines plane catches fire at Changi Airport
- Govt's insensitivity towards Pampore terror attack martyrs leaves nation stunned
- Mysore Maharaja Yaduveer Wadiar ties knot with princess Trishika Singh of Dungarpur, Rajasthan
- New survey reveals why men resort to unprotected sex
- 4.7 magnitude earthquake hits India-Bangladesh border region
- Google pays musical tribute to Bollywood legend RD Burman on his 77th birth anniversary! - See pic
- British EU vote unnerves world leaders and markets
- Copa America final: Chile beat Argentina 4-2 to win title after Lionel Messi misses penalty kick