Nitish set up SIT to `fix` opponents: Lalu
Patna: In the wake of a Special Investigation Team report pointing to `doubtful` role of RJD MP Ramkripal Yadav in an attack on Bihar chief minister Nitish Kumar`s convoy last year, RJD president Lalu Prasad on Saturday alleged that the SIT was constituted to "fix" opponents.
"The SIT of Bihar police was done to fix political opponents. Efforts are on to fix RJD MP Ramkripal Yadav in Khagaria incident," Prasad said.
In its report to Chief Judicial Magistrate of Khagaria on March 7, the SIT probing violent protests during Kumar`s yatra at Khagaria on September 27 last year said it found the role of RJD leaders Ramkripal Yadav and Pappu Yadav in the incident as `doubtful`.
"If any RJD leader instigated violence why does not the government provide proof of talks of such leader," the RJD supremo said emerging from a meeting of RJD MLAs, MLCs and office bearers regarding a rally in Patna in May.
He questioned why JD(U) leader Ranbir Yadav, who had raised a sten gun during the September 27 Adhikar yatra of Kumar at Khagaria was given a clean chit and not arrested.
Prasad alleged the entire exercise against political rivals was aimed at diverting attention from popular agitation including the one by contractual teachers.
Criticising the March 5 police lathicharge on contractual teachers, the RJD president said the incident was like the Jallianwalabagh massacre.
He said RJD would organise a massive rally against JD(U)-BJP coalition government here on May 15.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- Zee Media exclusive interview with victim of Uber molestation
- Maggi samples found unsafe: Delhi government
- DNA: Analysis of Vijay Mallya's 'fund transfer formula'
- IMD forecasts 'deficient' Monsoon, drought-like conditions expected
- Was asked to call Sunanda Pushkar’s death `natural`: AIIMS doctor
- Maggi row: Delhi registers case against Nestle, Kerala withdraws stock from govt stores
- Rahul Gandhi hails BR Ambedkar, takes potshot at Modi-led NDA govt over IIT Madras row
- From being the ‘Dabangg’ girl to ‘Akira’ - Sonakshi Sinha’s journey so far
- China ship carrying 458 on board sinks in Yangtze River: Five dead, hundreds missing