Nitish set up SIT to `fix` opponents: Lalu
Patna: In the wake of a Special Investigation Team report pointing to `doubtful` role of RJD MP Ramkripal Yadav in an attack on Bihar chief minister Nitish Kumar`s convoy last year, RJD president Lalu Prasad on Saturday alleged that the SIT was constituted to "fix" opponents.
"The SIT of Bihar police was done to fix political opponents. Efforts are on to fix RJD MP Ramkripal Yadav in Khagaria incident," Prasad said.
In its report to Chief Judicial Magistrate of Khagaria on March 7, the SIT probing violent protests during Kumar`s yatra at Khagaria on September 27 last year said it found the role of RJD leaders Ramkripal Yadav and Pappu Yadav in the incident as `doubtful`.
"If any RJD leader instigated violence why does not the government provide proof of talks of such leader," the RJD supremo said emerging from a meeting of RJD MLAs, MLCs and office bearers regarding a rally in Patna in May.
He questioned why JD(U) leader Ranbir Yadav, who had raised a sten gun during the September 27 Adhikar yatra of Kumar at Khagaria was given a clean chit and not arrested.
Prasad alleged the entire exercise against political rivals was aimed at diverting attention from popular agitation including the one by contractual teachers.
Criticising the March 5 police lathicharge on contractual teachers, the RJD president said the incident was like the Jallianwalabagh massacre.
He said RJD would organise a massive rally against JD(U)-BJP coalition government here on May 15.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis on Ishrat Jahan encounter case
- Afzal Guru row: JNU Students' Union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested
- DNA: After JNU, anti-India slogans at Delhi’s Press Club of India
- Headley's revelations: Will politicos who termed Ishrat Jahan 'beti' now apologise?- Part II
- Missing girl from Ghaziabad, Dipti Sarna returns; reunited with family
- Kumar Vishwas' birthday bash: Ajit Doval, BJP and RSS leaders attend; Arvind Kejriwal missing
- Afzal Guru row: JNU students union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested by Delhi Police
- Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna reaches home, police and family remain tight-lipped over her recovery
- Was abducted, blindfolded for four hours; Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna narrates her ordeal
- Fitoor movie review: Tabu overpowers, Katrina Kaif, Aditya Roy Kapur leave a lasting impact!