Nitish slams violence by protesters during `Adhikar yatra`
Supaul/Araria: Chief Minister Nitish Kumar on Saturday condemned the violence by protesters during his ongoing `Adhikar Yatra` and slammed their conduct as unbecoming of democratic and political culture of Bihar.
"The protesters pelted stones on my motorcade and made a bid on my life apparently to stop me in my endeavour to seek betterment of Bihar and its people by getting special status," he told public meetings in Supaul and Araria district.
Kumar said he has `full respect` for the democratic rights of the people but the violent protest was uncalled for and unexpected from the people of Bihar.
"Such activities in Khagaria and other districts are brazen violation of the political and democratic culture of the state."
Kumar said he was unaffected by the violent protests and threat to his life and would continue to strive for development of Bihar and prosperity of the people.
He slammed his political adversaries for fomenting trouble during his `Adhikar Yatra` and said that he was aware about the forces orchestrating violent protest against him.
"I pity them (political adversaries) as they have no worthwhile thing to do," he said referring to the RJD.
He asked the people to elect MPs who would stand firm on the special status demand in Parliament and outside so that the next government at the Centre could concede to the `rightful` demand.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- Fateh Ka Fatwa: Is it time to introduce reforms in Muslim laws?
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's speech at Gorakhnath temple
- BJP MLA Vikram Saini accused of voicing controversial statement
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- Is this for real: Ajinkya Rahane bizarre shot went for six, concerned Virat Kohli settles with smile — WATCH
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- WATCH: Tom Latham takes IMPOSSIBLE catch to dismiss Faf du Plessis
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Kapil Sharma-Sunil Grover fight: Will it be a shutdown for 'The Kapil Sharma Show'?