Nitish slams violence by protesters during `Adhikar yatra`
Supaul/Araria: Chief Minister Nitish Kumar on Saturday condemned the violence by protesters during his ongoing `Adhikar Yatra` and slammed their conduct as unbecoming of democratic and political culture of Bihar.
"The protesters pelted stones on my motorcade and made a bid on my life apparently to stop me in my endeavour to seek betterment of Bihar and its people by getting special status," he told public meetings in Supaul and Araria district.
Kumar said he has `full respect` for the democratic rights of the people but the violent protest was uncalled for and unexpected from the people of Bihar.
"Such activities in Khagaria and other districts are brazen violation of the political and democratic culture of the state."
Kumar said he was unaffected by the violent protests and threat to his life and would continue to strive for development of Bihar and prosperity of the people.
He slammed his political adversaries for fomenting trouble during his `Adhikar Yatra` and said that he was aware about the forces orchestrating violent protest against him.
"I pity them (political adversaries) as they have no worthwhile thing to do," he said referring to the RJD.
He asked the people to elect MPs who would stand firm on the special status demand in Parliament and outside so that the next government at the Centre could concede to the `rightful` demand.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Lal Bahadur Shastri's mysterious death
- DNA: Analysis of Prime Minister Modi's rapidfire politics on Gandhi Jayanti
- Bihar will celebrate two Diwalis in 2015, one will be after poll results: Modi
- Is Mahatma Gandhi's name slowly fading away from the minds of the youth?
- Lalu Prasad calls beef eating people uncultured
- Indrani Mukerjea's condition critical due to drug overdose; Maha govt orders inquiry
- Sonia begins Bihar polls campaining; accuses PM Modi of 'narrow-mindedness'
- Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa Reloaded: Shahid reveals about meeting Aishwarya
- Salman Khan’s ‘Prem Ratan Dhan Payo’ trailer creates a record!
- Indrani Mukerjea's FSL report rules out drug overdose, says no chemicals found in stomach wash