Nitish speaks of `zero tolerance policy` on corruption
Patna: Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar on Sunday warned public servants against indulging in corruption, saying his government has `zero tolerance policy` on the scourge.
"We have zero tolerance policy on corruption," he said inaugurating the four-day Bihar Agro Fair, 2013 to send out a stern warning to the corrupt public servants that they would be caught one day.
"The money in the state treasury is not the paternal property of any public servant," Kumar said, adding that his government would take all measures to safeguard public wealth in the capacity as its trusty.
The chief minister berated opposition parties for targeting his government for failure to tackle the menace of corruption, saying his adversaries have raised this bogey only after exhausting all other issues.
"The opposition could not succeed to discredit the NDA government on law and order and development issues, so it conveniently harped on corruption issue to attack the state government, but here too the adversaries will not succeed as we have a zero tolerance policy on corruption," Kumar said.
Returning to development agenda, the Chief Minister said his government has launched an ambitious agriculture roadmap and hiked the budget of the agriculture department to boost growth in farm sector in Bihar.
He urged the farmers to take up scientific techniques and equipment to increase productivity of various farm produces.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Lal Bahadur Shastri's mysterious death
- DNA: Analysis of Prime Minister Modi's rapidfire politics on Gandhi Jayanti
- Bihar will celebrate two Diwalis in 2015, one will be after poll results: Modi
- Is Mahatma Gandhi's name slowly fading away from the minds of the youth?
- Lalu Prasad calls beef eating people uncultured
- Sonia begins Bihar polls campaining; accuses PM Modi of 'narrow-mindedness'
- Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa Reloaded: Shahid reveals about meeting Aishwarya
- Salman Khan’s ‘Prem Ratan Dhan Payo’ trailer creates a record!
- Indrani Mukerjea's FSL report rules out drug overdose, says no chemicals found in stomach wash
- Watch Video - World's highest glass-bottom bridge opens in China 600 feet above a canyon!