Nitish sticks to Motihari for central varsity
Patna: Talks of setting up Central University
of Bihar (CUB) in Gaya instead of Motihari is a conspiracy by
the Centre to create discord among the people of the two
places, Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar said on Monday.
Stating that he would stick to his demand for opening of
the university at Motihari, the work place of Mahatma Gandhi,
Kumar told reporters "It is impossible for us to go back ...
We have already sent the proposal for setting up CUB at
Motihari to the Centre."
The government was ready to provide land for the varsity
at Motihari not in one place but in two others, he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan - Part II
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- Kapil Sharma renews contract, his latest fee will make your jaw drop!
- RIP Amma: When Jayalalithaa sang one of her favourite songs, that too in Hindi - WATCH