Nitish sticks to Motihari for central varsity
Patna: Talks of setting up Central University
of Bihar (CUB) in Gaya instead of Motihari is a conspiracy by
the Centre to create discord among the people of the two
places, Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar said on Monday.
Stating that he would stick to his demand for opening of
the university at Motihari, the work place of Mahatma Gandhi,
Kumar told reporters "It is impossible for us to go back ...
We have already sent the proposal for setting up CUB at
Motihari to the Centre."
The government was ready to provide land for the varsity
at Motihari not in one place but in two others, he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- No trace of IAF's AN-32 aircraft and survivors
- Rio Olympics 2016: NADA to take decision on Narsingh Yadav's fate today
- Intruder who ‘spiked’ wrestler Narsingh Yadav’s food identified: Sources
- China increases soldiers at Ladakh's Pangong Lake
- Madhya Pradesh: Two women assaulted at railway station for carrying beef
- Lok Sabha passes child labour Bill despite opposition from children's rights activists
- India unlikely to get Kohinoor diamond back, hints UK minister
- Narshingh Yadav doping scandal: ‘Intruder’ who may have spiked wrestler's food identified?
- IMF says Egypt seeking financial support
- Pacer Kagiso Rabada scoops six South African awards