Nitish sticks to Motihari for central varsity
Patna: Talks of setting up Central University
of Bihar (CUB) in Gaya instead of Motihari is a conspiracy by
the Centre to create discord among the people of the two
places, Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar said on Monday.
Stating that he would stick to his demand for opening of
the university at Motihari, the work place of Mahatma Gandhi,
Kumar told reporters "It is impossible for us to go back ...
We have already sent the proposal for setting up CUB at
Motihari to the Centre."
The government was ready to provide land for the varsity
at Motihari not in one place but in two others, he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Mother beats her infant son in Bareilly, tries to strangulate him
- Women can enter inner sanctorum of Haji Ali Dargah: Mumbai HC
- Watch: PM Modi's speech on Transforming India at NITI Aayog
- Mysterious fever claims 12 lives in Noida within 15 days
- Panel discussion on Mumbai HC allowing women to enter Haji Ali Dargah
- Cuteness alert! Meet Deepak Tijori's adorable daughter Samara Tijori – View pics
- Disrupted sleeping habits may cause suicidal thoughts
- US aid to Pakistan shrinks amid mounting frustration over militants
- SC asks Parsvnath to refund home buyers; builder says it can't repay
- Supreme Court admits plea to declare triple talaq illegal; issues notice to Centre