Nitish sticks to Motihari for central varsity
Patna: Talks of setting up Central University
of Bihar (CUB) in Gaya instead of Motihari is a conspiracy by
the Centre to create discord among the people of the two
places, Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar said on Monday.
Stating that he would stick to his demand for opening of
the university at Motihari, the work place of Mahatma Gandhi,
Kumar told reporters "It is impossible for us to go back ...
We have already sent the proposal for setting up CUB at
Motihari to the Centre."
The government was ready to provide land for the varsity
at Motihari not in one place but in two others, he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath reviews Gomti riverfront work
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath warns supporters of criminals, mafia
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- Triple talaq, polygamy integral part of Islam: AIMPLB tells SC
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- No ban on cow slaughter in three Northeast states if party comes to power next year: BJP