Nitish supervises arrangements for Chhath
Patna: Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar on Monday supervised arrangements for Chhath festival and directed officials to ensure safety and cleanliness of ghats for the devotees.
Chhath was marred last year by the stampede at Adalat ghat here in which about 60 people were killed.
Kumar, who was on a motor boat stopped at all the ghats, gave directions to officials also to make sure that divers are posted at all the ghats to help people, he told reporters at the end of the inspection.
He directed officials to mark with bamboos the point where the devotees could go in the river.
Kumar also ordered the Commissioner of Patna to hold a meeting of officials of different departments for micro level study of the arrangements.
Water Resources minister Vijay Chaudhary, Power minister Bijendra Yadav, Food minister Shyam Rajak, DGP Abhyanand and senior officials of Road & Bridge, Urban development departments, Patna Municipal Corporation and Building Construction travelled with the CM during the inspection.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- DNA: Exclusive report on the extreme sacrifices made by ITBP soldiers
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- I pay my tribute to martyr Naresh Pal: PM Narendra Modi
- Some people are creating confusion between me and my father: Akhilesh Yadav
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire
- 7th Pay Commission: Committee on Allowances proposes hike in HRA for central govt employees