Nitish supervises arrangements for Chhath
Patna: Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar on Monday supervised arrangements for Chhath festival and directed officials to ensure safety and cleanliness of ghats for the devotees.
Chhath was marred last year by the stampede at Adalat ghat here in which about 60 people were killed.
Kumar, who was on a motor boat stopped at all the ghats, gave directions to officials also to make sure that divers are posted at all the ghats to help people, he told reporters at the end of the inspection.
He directed officials to mark with bamboos the point where the devotees could go in the river.
Kumar also ordered the Commissioner of Patna to hold a meeting of officials of different departments for micro level study of the arrangements.
Water Resources minister Vijay Chaudhary, Power minister Bijendra Yadav, Food minister Shyam Rajak, DGP Abhyanand and senior officials of Road & Bridge, Urban development departments, Patna Municipal Corporation and Building Construction travelled with the CM during the inspection.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Valour of a soldier: CRPF officer Satwant Singh fights Naxals till his last breath
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- Virat Kohli's 'shot of the year' already has a big challenger – See video to believe!
- WATCH: Dope-tainted Brock Lesnar causes carnage on return to WWE Raw ahead of Royal Rumble