Nitish takes a dig at Lalu at public meeting
Lakhisarai: Making a veiled attack on RJD president Lalu Prasad, Chief Minister Nitish Kumar on Wednesday said there were leaders who wish to remove him from power by collecting a few people in a rally.
"Had it been possible to remove a chief minister from power by collecting a few people in Gandhi Maidan...Who can stay in that seat," Kumar said at a public meeting.
He, however, did not take the name of "Parivartan rally" organised by the RJD to remove NDA from power in Bihar.
"He has become unemployed and to attract media attention he is uttering derogatory things against opponents," Kumar said.
People of Bihar gave 15 long years to him to rule but he "wasted" that opportunity, Kumar said adding he (Prasad) has fallen in the eyes of people."
The rally was also addressed by rebel JD(U) MP Rajiv Ranjan Singh Lallan, Water Resources Minister Vijay Chaudhary and Roads Construction Minister and State NDA convener Nand Kishore Yadav.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- DNA: Exclusive report on the extreme sacrifices made by ITBP soldiers
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- I pay my tribute to martyr Naresh Pal: PM Narendra Modi
- Some people are creating confusion between me and my father: Akhilesh Yadav
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire
- 7th Pay Commission: Committee on Allowances proposes hike in HRA for central govt employees