Nitish takes a dig at Lalu at public meeting
Lakhisarai: Making a veiled attack on RJD president Lalu Prasad, Chief Minister Nitish Kumar on Wednesday said there were leaders who wish to remove him from power by collecting a few people in a rally.
"Had it been possible to remove a chief minister from power by collecting a few people in Gandhi Maidan...Who can stay in that seat," Kumar said at a public meeting.
He, however, did not take the name of "Parivartan rally" organised by the RJD to remove NDA from power in Bihar.
"He has become unemployed and to attract media attention he is uttering derogatory things against opponents," Kumar said.
People of Bihar gave 15 long years to him to rule but he "wasted" that opportunity, Kumar said adding he (Prasad) has fallen in the eyes of people."
The rally was also addressed by rebel JD(U) MP Rajiv Ranjan Singh Lallan, Water Resources Minister Vijay Chaudhary and Roads Construction Minister and State NDA convener Nand Kishore Yadav.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Zaira Wasim Trolled: Ashamed that she had to apologise, says Gautam Gambhir