Nitish takes a dig at Lalu at public meeting
Lakhisarai: Making a veiled attack on RJD president Lalu Prasad, Chief Minister Nitish Kumar on Wednesday said there were leaders who wish to remove him from power by collecting a few people in a rally.
"Had it been possible to remove a chief minister from power by collecting a few people in Gandhi Maidan...Who can stay in that seat," Kumar said at a public meeting.
He, however, did not take the name of "Parivartan rally" organised by the RJD to remove NDA from power in Bihar.
"He has become unemployed and to attract media attention he is uttering derogatory things against opponents," Kumar said.
People of Bihar gave 15 long years to him to rule but he "wasted" that opportunity, Kumar said adding he (Prasad) has fallen in the eyes of people."
The rally was also addressed by rebel JD(U) MP Rajiv Ranjan Singh Lallan, Water Resources Minister Vijay Chaudhary and Roads Construction Minister and State NDA convener Nand Kishore Yadav.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Intolerance issue: When did ‘Incredible India’ become ‘Intolerant India’, Anupam Kher asks Aamir Khan
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?
- Muslim leader Asaduddin Owaisi says Aamir Khan wrong in wanting to leave India