Nitish takes a dig at Lalu at public meeting
Lakhisarai: Making a veiled attack on RJD president Lalu Prasad, Chief Minister Nitish Kumar on Wednesday said there were leaders who wish to remove him from power by collecting a few people in a rally.
"Had it been possible to remove a chief minister from power by collecting a few people in Gandhi Maidan...Who can stay in that seat," Kumar said at a public meeting.
He, however, did not take the name of "Parivartan rally" organised by the RJD to remove NDA from power in Bihar.
"He has become unemployed and to attract media attention he is uttering derogatory things against opponents," Kumar said.
People of Bihar gave 15 long years to him to rule but he "wasted" that opportunity, Kumar said adding he (Prasad) has fallen in the eyes of people."
The rally was also addressed by rebel JD(U) MP Rajiv Ranjan Singh Lallan, Water Resources Minister Vijay Chaudhary and Roads Construction Minister and State NDA convener Nand Kishore Yadav.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on clashes at JNU over Afzal Guru row
- JNU students call terrorist Afzal Guru a martyr amid anti-nationalist slogans
- DNA: JNU students clash over Afzal Guru row
- Panel discussion on clashes at JNU over Afzal Guru row- Part II
- PM Modi breaks protocol to receive Abu Dhabi Crown Prince Al Nahyan
- Drunk girl creates ruckus in Delhi's Connaught Place; arrested - Watch
- JNU erupts over 'Shaheed Afzal Guru', 'Azad Kashmir'; rival student groups clash, police deployed
- AAP poster showing Arvind Kejriwal with Bhindranwale sparks row in Punjab
- Video of Hanumanthappa's rescue that went viral on social media is fake - Watch
- Digangana Suryavanshi chops off her mane on Salman Khan's advice—See pics!