Nitish terms poll surveys as `items of entertainment`
Patna: With election surveys predicting BJP getting majority of Bihar`s 40 Lok Sabha seats and share of JD(U) going down, Chief Minister Nitish Kumar on Thursday discarded such polls and saying they are "entertainment items".
"Survey based on opinion of 200-400 persons cannot be authentic," he told reporters discarding the survey reports beamed on television news channels.
"Such surveys are nothing but items of entertainment," he said.
Pointing at the survey reports, elated opposition BJP leaders have been going hammer and tongs against the JD(U).
Bihar has 40 Lok Sabha seats. Presently JD(U) has 20, BJP 12, Congress 2, RJD 3, two Independents and one seat, that of Lalu Prasad, falling vacant after his disqualification following the conviction in the fodder scam case.
In an another incident of a mob rendering a person blind by pouring acid in his eye in Supual district, Kumar ordered a probe into it and directed Principal Secretary Home to conduct an inquiry by a senior officer.
A report from Supual said that two persons have been arrested in connection with the incident.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena Bora murder: Here's how the whole plan unfolded
- Sheena murder: Trio to be taken to Raigad to re-construct crime scene
- Mikhail emailed sister Sheena Bora's resignation letter: Report
- Raksha Bandhan: Sushma Swaraj ties Rakhi to Venkaiah Naidu
- DNA: 1965 Indo-Pak war- Analysis of India's victory and exposing Pakistan's lies
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- Women's hockey team seals Olympic spot after 36 years, creates history on Dhyan Chand's birthday
- Dawood, Hafiz Saeed to be in fix as US, India may join hands to nab them
- Sushma Swaraj ties rakhi to M Venkaiah Naidu