Nitish terms poll surveys as `items of entertainment`
Patna: With election surveys predicting BJP getting majority of Bihar`s 40 Lok Sabha seats and share of JD(U) going down, Chief Minister Nitish Kumar on Thursday discarded such polls and saying they are "entertainment items".
"Survey based on opinion of 200-400 persons cannot be authentic," he told reporters discarding the survey reports beamed on television news channels.
"Such surveys are nothing but items of entertainment," he said.
Pointing at the survey reports, elated opposition BJP leaders have been going hammer and tongs against the JD(U).
Bihar has 40 Lok Sabha seats. Presently JD(U) has 20, BJP 12, Congress 2, RJD 3, two Independents and one seat, that of Lalu Prasad, falling vacant after his disqualification following the conviction in the fodder scam case.
In an another incident of a mob rendering a person blind by pouring acid in his eye in Supual district, Kumar ordered a probe into it and directed Principal Secretary Home to conduct an inquiry by a senior officer.
A report from Supual said that two persons have been arrested in connection with the incident.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- Exclusive: Srinagar freezes at minus 3; common man struggles for basic commodities
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan