Nitish thanks Sibal for two central universities
Patna: Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar on Thursday thanked Union HRD Minister Kapil Sibal for sanctioning two central universities at Motihari and Gaya in Bihar and suggested names for two universities.
In a letter to Sibal, Kumar requested the HRD Minister set up the central university at Motihari in the name of Mahatma Gandhi or Bapu Central University.
This has been a demand for the people of East Champaran district, that the central university at Motihari be named after Mahatma Gandhi as the district was his work place, he said.
Similarly the central university at Gaya will be set-up as Bihar Central University, he said.
I would request you to kindly consider the request for naming these two central universities in consideration of the sentiment of the people of Bihar, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, 'sex sites' planted as following
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- Radhe Maa approached to be a part of Bigg Boss 9?
- What was Indrani Mukherjea's original plan to murder Sheena Bora?
- Pakistan can inflict 'heavy losses' in war with India: Khawaja Muhammad Asif
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, sex sites planted as 'following'
- Leaked! Tentative list of 'Bigg Boss 9' revealed and guess who's hosting?
- PM Modi releases digital version of Ramcharitmanas musical