Nitish thanks Sibal for two central universities
Patna: Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar on Thursday thanked Union HRD Minister Kapil Sibal for sanctioning two central universities at Motihari and Gaya in Bihar and suggested names for two universities.
In a letter to Sibal, Kumar requested the HRD Minister set up the central university at Motihari in the name of Mahatma Gandhi or Bapu Central University.
This has been a demand for the people of East Champaran district, that the central university at Motihari be named after Mahatma Gandhi as the district was his work place, he said.
Similarly the central university at Gaya will be set-up as Bihar Central University, he said.
I would request you to kindly consider the request for naming these two central universities in consideration of the sentiment of the people of Bihar, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- After Uttarakhand and Himachal Pradesh, forest fire now rages in J&K
- Uttarakhand forest fires: Social media terms it ‘National Emergency’, around 3000 hectares of forest area destroyed
- US, Russia in bids to halt fighting in Syria`s Aleppo
- 54 crore Indians in grip of drought: Swaraj Abhiyan
- Justice Rastogi backs CJI Thakur's appeal to increase number of judges