Nitish to forward Amanullah`s resignation letter to Guv
Patna: Giving in to Social Welfare Minister Parveen Amanullah`s wishes to step down, Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar today said he will forward her resignation letter to Governor D Y Patil for acceptance.
"I spoke to Amanullah on phone this evening with a request to reconsider her decision, but she maintained she would like to be relieved from her post... We respect her decision," he told reporters after the cabinet meeting.
"I will accordingly send her resignation letter to the Governor later this evening," Kumar said.
The Chief Minister, at the same time, tore into Amanullah`s charge that she was quitting her post as the Social Welfare Minister as well as her MLA`s seat and primary membership of the JD(U) in protest against lack of transparency in the system.
"She told me entirely different thing than what she was stated to have said in public," Kumar said.
Seeking to downplay the outgoing minister`s outbursts against his government, Kumar said, "One worries about a person when that person is with us and not afterwards."
"She wanted me to relieve her and I will oblige her," Kumar said, thanking Amanullah for working with him and his government for three years.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Yakub Memon's body handed over to family, tight security in Mumbai
- Yakub Memon: The two men who lead police to 'House of Memons'
- What Yakub Memon did in minutes before being hanged
- Meeting called by Speaker fails to end Parliament logjam; government indicates all-party meet