Nitish to forward Amanullah`s resignation letter to Guv
Patna: Giving in to Social Welfare Minister Parveen Amanullah`s wishes to step down, Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar today said he will forward her resignation letter to Governor D Y Patil for acceptance.
"I spoke to Amanullah on phone this evening with a request to reconsider her decision, but she maintained she would like to be relieved from her post... We respect her decision," he told reporters after the cabinet meeting.
"I will accordingly send her resignation letter to the Governor later this evening," Kumar said.
The Chief Minister, at the same time, tore into Amanullah`s charge that she was quitting her post as the Social Welfare Minister as well as her MLA`s seat and primary membership of the JD(U) in protest against lack of transparency in the system.
"She told me entirely different thing than what she was stated to have said in public," Kumar said.
Seeking to downplay the outgoing minister`s outbursts against his government, Kumar said, "One worries about a person when that person is with us and not afterwards."
"She wanted me to relieve her and I will oblige her," Kumar said, thanking Amanullah for working with him and his government for three years.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Moment of Kabul suicide blast caught on camera
- Devotees throng Lord Shiva temples to celebrate first Monday of 'Saawan'
- Railway Minister Suresh Prabhu launches India's first green rail corridor in Tamil Nadu
- UP: 8 children killed as train hits school mini-bus in Bhadohi
- Why is Sidhu evasive about joining AAP?
- China says South Korea damaged 'mutual trust'
- Susan Rice urges `candour and openness` on Beijing visit
- Would love to star in a Bollywood film: Rick Hoffman
- All is not well between Kareena Kapoor Khan and Deepika Padukone? – Know why
- UNBELIEVABLE! This visually-impaired Pakistani singer's voice will give you goosebumps - WATCH