Nitish to forward Amanullah`s resignation letter to Guv
Patna: Giving in to Social Welfare Minister Parveen Amanullah`s wishes to step down, Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar today said he will forward her resignation letter to Governor D Y Patil for acceptance.
"I spoke to Amanullah on phone this evening with a request to reconsider her decision, but she maintained she would like to be relieved from her post... We respect her decision," he told reporters after the cabinet meeting.
"I will accordingly send her resignation letter to the Governor later this evening," Kumar said.
The Chief Minister, at the same time, tore into Amanullah`s charge that she was quitting her post as the Social Welfare Minister as well as her MLA`s seat and primary membership of the JD(U) in protest against lack of transparency in the system.
"She told me entirely different thing than what she was stated to have said in public," Kumar said.
Seeking to downplay the outgoing minister`s outbursts against his government, Kumar said, "One worries about a person when that person is with us and not afterwards."
"She wanted me to relieve her and I will oblige her," Kumar said, thanking Amanullah for working with him and his government for three years.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena murder: Trio to be taken to Raigad to re-construct crime scene
- Mikhail emailed sister Sheena Bora's resignation letter: Report
- Raksha Bandhan: Sushma Swaraj ties Rakhi to Venkaiah Naidu
- Shiv Sena announces award of 2 lakh for Hindu families with 5 kids
- Watch: Wife catches husband with his girlfriend at Goa Airport
- Women's hockey team seals Olympic spot after 36 years, creates history on Dhyan Chand's birthday
- Sushma Swaraj ties rakhi to M Venkaiah Naidu
- Know box-office report of Saif-Katrina's 'Phantom'
- Indrani Mukerjea's son Mikhail emailed Sheena Bora's resignation letter
- Ten interesting facts about hockey legend Dhyan Chand