Nitish to head Bihar Mahadalit Development Mission
Patna: Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar
would head the Mahadalit Vikas Marg Sarshan Samiti for the
uplift of mahadalits.
A decision to constitute the samiti was taken at
a meeting of the Mahadalit Vikas Mission chaired by the chief
minister, the mission`s chief executive officer K P Ramaiya
told reporters here last evening.
The meeting decided to train and educate mahadalits
from January 15 and 80 percent would get guarantee of a job
either in government or private companies.
During training they would get Rs 75 per day. The
training would be in computer, accounting, artisan work and
security guard based on education level.
Selection of `vikas mitra` in each village panchayat
and wards in the urban areas would be completed in the next
seven days, Ramaiya said.
Each vikas mitra, for liaison between the community
and the government, would get a monthly stipend of Rs 3,000.
The state government would make available land and
houses to mahadalits free of cost, he said.
Besides the chief minister, the committee would also
comprise ministers and secretaries of various departments like
health, welfare, education and rural development and the chief
secretary and development commissioner.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- China condemns Pakistan over Uri terror attack
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- Congress workers thrash students for showing black flags to Rahul Gandhi in Raebareli
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Onam Bumper Lottery/Kerala Thiruvonam Bumper-2016 BR-51 draw result declared - Here is the winning ticket number
- Uri attack: Israel ready to help India with cutting-edge technology to secure borders
- India's Rafale vs Pakistan's F-16: Why the French fighter jet is the best choice for dogfight
- MNS ultimatum to Pakistani actors: Leave India in 48-hour deadline
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31