Nitish to head Bihar Mahadalit Development Mission
Patna: Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar
would head the Mahadalit Vikas Marg Sarshan Samiti for the
uplift of mahadalits.
A decision to constitute the samiti was taken at
a meeting of the Mahadalit Vikas Mission chaired by the chief
minister, the mission`s chief executive officer K P Ramaiya
told reporters here last evening.
The meeting decided to train and educate mahadalits
from January 15 and 80 percent would get guarantee of a job
either in government or private companies.
During training they would get Rs 75 per day. The
training would be in computer, accounting, artisan work and
security guard based on education level.
Selection of `vikas mitra` in each village panchayat
and wards in the urban areas would be completed in the next
seven days, Ramaiya said.
Each vikas mitra, for liaison between the community
and the government, would get a monthly stipend of Rs 3,000.
The state government would make available land and
houses to mahadalits free of cost, he said.
Besides the chief minister, the committee would also
comprise ministers and secretaries of various departments like
health, welfare, education and rural development and the chief
secretary and development commissioner.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- SC order on Yakub Memon huge disappointment, setback: Owaisi
- DNA analysis of Yakub Memon's final moments in Nagpur Jail
- Last rites of Gurdaspur attack martyr Baljit Singh in Kapurthala
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Has President Pranab Mukherjee rejected Yakub Memon's mercy plea?
- SC refuses stay on Yakub Memon's hanging: As it happened
- 2 NDA, 4 UPA leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim before 26/11: Report