Nitish trashes Lalu`s charge on special status demand
Bhagalpur: Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar on Sunday refuted that he had opposed the special category status demand made by his predecessor Rabri Devi and said the charge against him by RJD chief Lalu Prasad was a lie.
"Prasad is lying when he says that I had opposed the special status demand made by my predecessor Rabri Devi," he told a public meeting during `Adhikar Yatra` at Bhagalpur district.
Kumar, however, did not elaborate his stand on the special status demand by previous Rabri Devi government which had sought compensation for loss of financial resources arising out of the bifurcation of Bihar.
Lashing out at Prasad for finding holes in the performance of the NDA government, he said RJD had done nothing "worthwhile" for the state during its 15-year-rule under Prasad and wife Rabri Devi.
On the RJD chief`s ongoing `Parivartan Yatra`, Kumar wondered what change Prasad was trying to bring about. "Does he want to revive the kidnapping industry?"
He also criticised his bete noire Prasad for his mimicry and said statecraft does not allow such `pranks`.
Tight security was in place for the rally in view of the violence and demonstrations faced by Kumar during his `Adhikar Yatra` programme in other parts of the state.
A large number of policemen were deployed at various points to maintain law and order, official sources said.
Some people carrying black cloths and umbrellas were prevented from entering the venue to rule out the possibility of showing of black flag to the chief minister, the sources said.
Only those JD(U) supporters carrying identity cards were allowed in, the sources added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I eat beef, can somebody stop me?: Kiren Rijiju hits back at Naqvi
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- MP: 14-year-old boy works as bonded labour since 2009
- UP: Man chops off wife's nose, hair for dowry
- Zee Media Exclusive: The plight of yoga expert Tejaswi Sharma
- Woman denied flat in Mumbai for being a Muslim
- 4 Indians in Forbes' 100 most powerful women list
- BBV: What challenges lie ahead of Modi govt?
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads
- DNA analysis of rising water crisis in India!
- DNA: Delhi shop owners express their plight through Zee initiative 'My News'
- Heat wave continues in India, death toll climbs to over 1,400
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads- Part II
- Megastar Amitabh Bachchan slapped with Rs 1 crore notice
- Kenyan Lawyer offers to marry Barack Obama's daughter Malia
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 to be announced today
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in
- I was misquoted, says Kiren Rijiju on 'beef' remark
- First look: Salman Khan steals thunder in `Bajrangi Bhaijaan`
- mahresult.nic.in updated with MSBSHSE Maharashtra HSC Class XII Result 2015
- Manmohan Singh defends himself on 2G charge, slams Modi govt for 'carbon copy' schemes
- Check cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 10 Result 2015
- Sonia Gandhi 'unconstitutional authority' during UPA: PM Narendra Modi
- Hours after attacking NDA govt, Manmohan Singh meets PM Narendra Modi
- Reservation stir: Five percent job quota to Gujjars unlikely, hints Rajasthan govt
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm
- PMO website revamped, now send e-mail to PM Modi directly
- Death toll climbs to over 1400 as intense heatwave continues in India