Nitish trashes "meaningless statements" by Lalu
Patna: Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar on Monday rubbished "meaningless statements" being made by his arch-rival and RJD supremo Lalu Prasad about performance of the NDA government and said that the latter has lost credibility to question others.
"Prasad is making meaningless statements against the NDA government out of frustration and desperation," he told reporters in a reply to a question.
"He has lost credibility and slipped out of the heart and mind of the people of Bihar so much so that he will find it difficult to woo the masses for political revival," Kumar said.
On the RJD supremo`s prediction of an imminent divorce between the JD(U) and BJP, he advised the former to worry about himself.
On Prasad`s charge that the law and order situation has deteriorated in Bihar during the NDA rule and the minorities were being subjected to atrocities, Kumar said that contrary to the former`s claims, both the masses and the minorities were satisfied with the law and order situation.
"The law and order situation in Bihar is under total control," the chief minister said adding steps have been taken to maintain law and order and conduct scientific investigation in criminal cases.
The police department has been equipped with devices and police personnel given training to maintain the law and order situation and investigate the criminal cases in a scientific manner, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Modi govt turns down IAF's request for more foreign fighter planes, pushes for Made-in-India Tejas
- Navjot Singh Sidhu diagnosed with DVT: Know about this life threatening disease!
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- Unbelievable! Crops destroyed for Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi's rally in Karnataka
- Rahul Gandhi takes potshot at PM Narendra Modi's fashion sense - Watch